Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I been told one month ago my QV will be here mid of march and since then most up to date order status was stucked on body vendor for almost 3 weeks. Dealer says no control and no further info was provided. Just thinking if anybody else experienced this unexplained delay? Especially in US.:frown2:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey guys, I been told one month ago my QV will be here mid of march and since then most up to date order status was stucked on body vendor for almost 3 weeks. Dealer says no control and no further info was provided. Just thinking if anybody else experienced this unexplained delay? Especially in US.:frown2:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...hortage-carbon-fiber-serious-delay-quads.html

Check out this link too, may be a little helpful? Hope you figure out what is causing the delay soon. :smile2:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Car stays in jb entire time it's on the ship here. 4 weeks in jb isn't uncommon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been selling Vipers for close to 20 years and can tell you viewing the FCA Dealer Connections , that estimated time of arrival is just that. Factor in shipping, and especially this time of year , weather, and it is not uncommon at all for the time frame to be off ( in fact it is more often off than correct on the Performance side). I would not worry , as a computer sets a date , but in the case of the Alfa it is obviously hard to factor in exact times for shipping ( ocean), embarkation, reloading and shipping again. If you figure in ship, truck , rail , truck or whatever to various parts of the US , then it becomes reasonable to understand it is tough to get an exact date, so just key on the word estimate -- as that is all it is.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
curious as to where Alfa ships their cars out of.??? Cassino is only an hour from Naples....but that would make too much sense???...Civitavecchia is more a port for Cruise ships etc. not so much cargo...that leaves you with Genova or LaSpezia...I'm guessing Genova?? anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hopefully things get moving along for you - I started the carbon fiber shortage thread based on what my dealer told me, hopefully this is not interfering.

At least you have weeks to wait, I still don't have a VIN :surprise:

·
Registered
236 Posts
If there is any sort of imperfection, small scratch, it's held until fixed. Or yours was the first loaded on the boat lol.
Probably the latter... The dealer ordered a few cars at the same time, so it's not just a single car that's stuck at JB now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Probably the latter... The dealer ordered a few cars at the same time, so it's not just a single car that's stuck at JB now.
Ok, perhaps I have missed something. What does "code JB" means.

Also, since I have a Quad on order for some time, do you get notifications directly from Alfa or the dealer as to at what stage of production the car is in?

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok, perhaps I have missed something. What does "code JB" means.

Also, since I have a Quad on order for some time, do you get notifications directly from Alfa or the dealer as to at what stage of production the car is in?

Thanks
My bad, forgot to provide some context:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/313-dealers-purchasing-ordering/4314-order-status-codes.html

Every now and then I'd ask the dealer to check status for me, FCA doesn't let customers track status on their own.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Ti order was on code JB, 7 weeks and counting, if that's any consolation for the original poster :)
We had this pretty tough weather lately in Ohio. Don't worry too much now. Didn't call up dealer im tired doing it I guess so did the sales manager. Keep driving my Audi for snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts