Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find the stock seats in the QV to be very uncomfortable? Specifically I think the lumbar support is too strong and it digs into my back even when I set it all the way back (into the seat). I'm almost tempted to buy a cushion.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not trying to be a wise guy here....body type ? The Italians are notoriously skinny and don't make wide, deep seats....I have a Quad with the standard sport seats and I find them to be perfect...5 ' 10 " 175 lbs....just a thought.....D

·
Registered
691 Posts
6'3" 220 lbs and I find the seat comfortable. I do find that the lumbar support isn't as comfortable as my older mercury, but I like the way the seats hug me.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6ft and 170. It's mostly the lumbar that I find overpowering.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
6ft and 170. It's mostly the lumbar that I find overpowering.
I know you said you have set the lumbar to the lowest setting, but have you tried moving it up and down?

The controls for the lumbar (tiny, unmarked buttons) are confusing, it took me a while to get it right.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I love the seats. I find them super comfortable and very adjustable. I’m one of the not so skinny Italians too :wink2:

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've tried up down and middle and even reclining the seats but it still digs in. I think I'm getting used to it though because it hurt a little less today

·
Registered
35 Posts
Years ago when I bought my STi I would get back pain from the lumbar contour position which was not adjustable. After breaking the seat in it was all fine so hopefully the Alfa is a similar situation even if it's adjustable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Years ago when I bought my STi I would get back pain from the lumbar contour position which was not adjustable. After breaking the seat in it was all fine so hopefully the Alfa is a similar situation even if it's adjustable.
"wise guy", "Italians" - careful there.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm hoping that's the case

·
Registered
118 Posts
After 6k miles, and I have a bad back..no really, 8 vertebra have been rebuilt, and plus my wife is a Dr that stands all day long examining patients, and we both love our seats, they are so much better than the Boxster S and our Lexus. I am 5-10 170 she is 5-6 130..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ha, came here to say this. Glad someone else is in the club!

I love the seats. I find them super comfortable and very adjustable. I’m one of the not so skinny Italians too /forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_wink.png

Reactions: alfa55 and JerryNY

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You must have a "bubble butt".>:)
Nah. It isn’t a glove I was joking. Room to spare but I think it feels like I am not moving around even when my husband is driving we are both very comfortable in the passenger seat (forget the stress level with the other one driving) but we are on opposite ends of the size spectrum and we both really live them. I hated the fact that it wasn’t all electronic and then I got past that real quick with the first drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anybody that find the seats "bumpy" ?
By that I mean if you go fast over bigger bumps or rather dips in the road and the suspension has compression and rebound it feels that the seat amplifies the movement.

·
Registered
150 Posts
you may need to find a small cushion for the very bottom of the seat just up to the lumbar curve area, that may help you feel better. Id imagine if you find it bothersome you have spine curvature issues or a disc problem like me because I cannot tolerate lumbar support, I need it to actually curl in to adjust for my funky shaped back. I could be wrong, maybe you have a properly shaped/healthy back and it really is in a bad spot for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts