Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling out all United Kingdom Giulia owners! This is the perfect time to start chatting with other Giulia owners in your region. Maybe it's time to set up a local Giulia meet :smile2:

• Say Hi
  • List the Color And Model Of Your Giulia
  • List Your Area
  • Share A Picture If Available

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Giulia Forums
Vesuvio Grey
Veloce 280BHP Petrol
Lancashire
England
Collected 28/10/17

Attachments

Reactions: AlfaSingh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pick mine up before Christmas, fingers crossed...not even seen one on the road yet up in North West, eyes peeled 24/7...can wait to hear and see a QV!

White 280 Veloce
Manchester
Red Brakes
Red Leather
Tinted Rears

Attachments

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,288 Posts
could one of you UK gentlemen please tell this "guy" to stop trolling me, he knows i dont post there any more

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...a-giulia-customer-service-3.html#post16875042

he is more than welcome to join up here and we could discuss Alfa Romeo's reputation, expectations, and what really defines a buffoon, if he likes

poor form is all i can say, you guys surely arent all the same? generalising and insulting people in a cowardly manner like that?

·
Registered
57 Posts
could one of you UK gentlemen please tell this "guy" to stop trolling me, he knows i dont post there any more

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...a-giulia-customer-service-3.html#post16875042

he is more than welcome to join up here and we could discuss Alfa Romeo's reputation, expectations, and what really defines a buffoon, if he likes

poor form is all i can say, you guys surely arent all the same? generalising and insulting people in a cowardly manner like that?
Brooking? I wouldn't let it drive you away from alfaowner. Didn't he have an unfortunate issue with his car, launch into a three month rant about how all all giulia's were junk and start attacking everyone who disagreed with him?

I always enjoyed your posts on AO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Giulia Forums
Vesuvio Grey
Veloce 280BHP Petrol
Lancashire
England
Collected 28/10/17
That is a fantastic looking car, IMHO the best spec for the Giulia. In fact I tried to order exactly that from Mangos last March, but was told the veloce wouldn't be available in the UK for 6 months.
I didn't want diesel so walked.

Unfortunately SHMBO had been taken out in a QV and decided we needed that instead, because it made her giggle.

So if you see a MC blue QV in Manchester give me a wave.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a fantastic looking car, IMHO the best spec for the Giulia. In fact I tried to order exactly that from Mangos last March, but was told the veloce wouldn't be available in the UK for 6 months.
I didn't want diesel so walked.

Unfortunately SHMBO had been taken out in a QV and decided we needed that instead, because it made her giggle.

So if you see a MC blue QV in Manchester give me a wave.

That is absolutely gorgeous... I had a Misano Blue (similar to your Monte Carlo Blue) Brera for 7 years ... love Blue Cars ... but wouldn’t of chosen new Misano Blue on the Giulia. I will definitely keep a look out for yours ... loving the brighter wheels too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: avi2682

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,288 Posts
Brooking? I wouldn't let it drive you away from alfaowner. Didn't he have an unfortunate issue with his car, launch into a three month rant about how all all giulia's were junk and start attacking everyone who disagreed with him?

I always enjoyed your posts on AO.
Thanks Cutterbuck I quite enjoyed posting them :)

its not just the likes of Brooking (who actually complains about the existence of Alfisti...go figure lol), but its wankers like this next guy who try to give Alfa a bad name by saying there are inherent problems, not problems, but inherent problems ... so i would go in to bat for Alfa Romeo, and apparently that is too hard for some snowflakes to handle
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ews-youtube-magazines-etc-6.html#post16331921
but thats not the real issue with that post, the real issue with that post is the extraordinary personal attack in the last paragraph (which was reported repeatedly) and still displayed openly, while i was being censured and censored for much much less
i think i actually even had one post removed that tried to tell one of those antagonistic bozos (and they clearly are as evidenced by their taunting ...tmpfft in particular) that ceramic coating was proven to be better than silicone coating ... he actually said he would never take advice from me, my post was removed ... then later down the track uses ceramic coating on advice... people that disagreed with me actually reported me ... that is an unhealthy and toxic environment and something i have never experienced on any other website ... too many take themselves too seriously, just a core anti-Alfa but serious they were about themselves and serious they were with the spite they held

and there are one or two moderators on that site that are actually disgusting with their bias and partiality, i actually received an email from one of them stating that they have reached the conclusion that i will never change ... and being "disciplined" accordingly, not given an opportunity to change and settle down, but actually predicting the future ??wtf? lol

I am sorry, but it has put that whole "community" in a bad light with me as far as im concerned ... and with very good reason, which is a shame because i did make some good friends on there, (however absent they were when i needed support)

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a very nice car! Just placed a deposit on one in the same colour but with the 5 hole silver wheels. I would wave but unlikely we will cross paths though as I am based in north west London!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey all,

1st time alfa owner in waiting. was out for the test drive at the weekend. Just finalising options before ordering.

Soon to be Veloce 280HP.. :)

Anyone with a performance pack? would love some input as I have this down but just not been able to get a test in a model with it fitted.

cheers all.

P.S. Whats a good lease deal as have been reading in the US based thread about what price constitutes a good deal... currently sitting at £450 pm with all options over 24mths, with x9 as initial rental.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m between London and Brighton, close to the village of Hurstpierpoint. Does anyone have experience of good (or bad) Alfa dealers in that area in terms of servicing, facilities and support? In particular given that the QV is a rare care, are there any that people know of with experience dealing with that car?

Grateful for any thoughts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Saw a white Giulia (Ti?) whilst out cycling this morning / afternoon around Steyning / Washington (Sussex). Gave it a big thumbs up. First one I’ve seen around here.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts