Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am a new owner of Giulia Quadrifoglio, had it for about 3 months and I am loving it a lot. But there are two things that seem a bit weird to me so I would like to know if it is normal and applicable to all Giulia QVs.

1. Under full throttle near the redline (reaching last ~500 rpms) there is a noticable "whooshing" noise (especially with rear seats down) coming from the exhaust. It sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner at the very back of the exhaust through the last few hundreds of the rpm at full throttle. I thought maybe exhaust valve could have been stuck or not fully open so I took the car to the dealership to check if there was any malfunction of the exhaust valves but they tested it and they did not find any faults. Is this exhaust sound characteristic usual to other owners or not?

2. Launching the car in RACE mode with gearbox in Auto almost always causes a very jerky shift from 1st to 2nd gear. From 2nd to 3rd and further it is fine, jerky shifts are only from 1st to 2nd. I understand that stress for the gearbox under full acceleration is high, especially from 1st to 2nd, and it could cause a jerky shift but I would like to know if it is usual for all owners.

I would really appreciate feedback on this from other QV owners. Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
yes the 1st to 2nd gear is more jerky than the rest. If I can remember properly you may want to shift a little earlier before redline when going from 1st to 2nd. Im unable to put my rear seats down as I have a 2017 so can't help you there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts