Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
One option they will provide is the 3.0-litre V6, biturbo engine with 503 horsepower but I highly doubt this will be the standard for the base model. Hopefully something close to it would be nice and if they're trying to compete with the BMW M3, then maybe we'll see something like their twin-turbo 3.0L.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One option they will provide is the 3.0-litre V6, biturbo engine with 503 horsepower but I highly doubt this will be the standard for the base model. Hopefully something close to it would be nice and if they're trying to compete with the BMW M3, then maybe we'll see something like their twin-turbo 3.0L.
Yes we know the TT V6 will be in the QV... but most people don't buy the M3, most people buy the 328i with the 2.0T... What is Alfa going to use to counter that... maybe this 2.4TT...

·
Registered
420 Posts
What do you think we should expect of how they tune the engine from Renegade, 500X to the Giulia? If they make it show more potential in the mid range that could make winding this thing out fun since its lighter than the former heavier vehicles.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think we should expect of how they tune the engine from Renegade, 500X to the Giulia? If they make it show more potential in the mid range that could make winding this thing out fun since its lighter than the former heavier vehicles.
Low end grunt. Better for in town, makes acceleration feel quicker...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't mind that, more power in the 1-3000 RPM range is always favored especially with the typical city/highway commutes.
highway RPM will depend on gearing, but typiclly high strung 4's settle in at the higher end of that estimate...closer to 3 IMO.. .

If you;re looking for more info the 2.4 TT sounds like its the Hurricane engine from SRT... http://www.allpar.com/mopar/fours/hurricane.html

·
Registered
420 Posts
highway RPM will depend on gearing, but typiclly high strung 4's settle in at the higher end of that estimate...closer to 3 IMO.. .

If you;re looking for more info the 2.4 TT sounds like its the Hurricane engine from SRT... http://www.allpar.com/mopar/fours/hurricane.html
I think some even sit around the high 2's, the ones on the biggest displacement range of which i'm assuming this 2.4TT could potentially be at best and that's with babying it, being relaxed, going with the flow.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think some even sit around the high 2's, the ones on the biggest displacement range of which i'm assuming this 2.4TT could potentially be at best and that's with babying it, being relaxed, going with the flow.
for sure, high 2's almost 3... depends on gearing... The little fours can get raspy on the highway if not insulated well...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's one thing i'm concerned about, don't want it to sound drony which can get annoying and with a power plant like that we'll want to hear something pleasing to the ears over an extended period of time
not so much of a problem once you get into the turbos... they say the little twin turbo hurricane can do about 300 hp... sufficient yes? >:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts