Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought used Giulia Quadrifoglio and it had stolen modules from trunk.
So I bought of eBay: Amplifier (Harman), BCM, GPS and TVM (Active Torque Vectoring).
I have problem of sound, no sound in speakers with error massage on dash. Diagnostics give problem of ETM communication with AMP.
Also Nobody can code TVM, after some driving I get Error massage of Service ATV and Dampers. If I turn off the car and start again everything is fine, for some time.
The only error in TVM is VIN mismatch.
I have MultiEcuScan, and new launch diagnostics. Dealership has WiTech 2.0 but they skill is very low.
Is there anyone that can help me? I need this problem fixed because basically it's half of car with this problems.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Most of the modules which are responsible for driving safety are VIN locked. You get "VIN mismatch" and module won't work as they should.

Don't know why they locked AMP module but it's also VIN locked to a car so that's why you don't have sound with used amplifier. There were couple guys with same problem - as far as I know ended up buying new amplifiers.

Same with TVM module. Used one won't work and won't allow to calibrate rear diff clutches. This one can be done, but need module, can't do online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the modules which are responsible for driving safety are VIN locked. You get "VIN mismatch" and module won't work as they should.

Don't know why they locked AMP module but it's also VIN locked to a car so that's why you don't have sound with used amplifier. There were couple guys with same problem - as far as I know ended up buying new amplifiers.

Same with TVM module. Used one won't work and won't allow to calibrate rear diff clutches. This one can be done, but need module, can't do online.
It allows to calibrate rear diff clutches and works pretty well until it car sees code for vin Mismatch.
You need module? We have lots of programming tools. Maybe it is possible to bench read it? If not can I send it to you?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
It allows to calibrate rear diff clutches and works pretty well until it car sees code for vin Mismatch.
You need module? We have lots of programming tools. Maybe it is possible to bench read it? If not can I send it to you?
what you need is to change VIN number to your car's. try, if no luck PM me and we'll discuss details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to fix problem vin VIN mismatch of TVM module thanks to this forum members. Specially Shpuncik who advised me to flash TVM module on bench.
So there are two Processor Memory chips one of them contains VIN code. After reading flash its easy to change it and write it back.

However, my ATV and Dampers problem remains. after some driving i get error of Service ATV System.
There are 0 Error codes in ATV now, only error i get in ABS system is - Lost Communication with RF Hub Module. But as far as i understand RF Hub module works as I see all tire pressures and things like remote start work.

As for AMP module, memory chips on pcb are covered under special glue so not possible to remove them or connect to them directly. Still no sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have you performed clutch calibration in TVM? also run calibrations in ABS module just in case.
Yes I did.
Looks like i have some error in CDCM Module. But I dont have this module in MultiEcuScan, Dealership told me CDCM had some problem, but i dont know exactl error code.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hello

can anyone tell me how to edit the vin code?

I have replaced a dead haptic lane sensor with one from ebay which works but it has a vin mismatch

thanks

Anthony
if you mean blind spot sensors I've heard they can be virginized. someone mentioned someone in Italy. but considering price of used/price to virginize/postage I'd think it's close to new sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts