Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Just recently received my full set of TuxMats for my AWD Giulia Ti Sport. I opted for these since my favorite weathertechs are still not available for AWD, and no insight as to when they will be.

TuxMats... great quality, love the way they look out of the car, will certainly protect the interior nicely.

Here's my small world dilemma, after placing them inside both front and rear, I am feeling they look to "Large" and "appear" to take up more valuable floor space since they are built to cover all so high up.

I like the weathertech simplicity and durability for year round coverage snow, mud, sand etc. But I am thinking I may only want to use the TuxMats in winter and keep OEM carpet mats from Alfa for summer etc.?

It's that, or return them and wait for weathertech to use all year long.

Would love some thoughts from folks who may have experience with the TUX and also weathertech, and how you feel about the fit and look once installed.

Are you guys using for just the winter or all season???

Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have had Tuxmats for a month. I previously had Madness mats that were a terrible fit. I got Tuxmats thinking/hoping they would just be better. Now, I think they are perfect. I have black mats and blacks carpet. They fit perfectly and cover everything. I think the material has a much better look than plastic mats. For me they are the perfect solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am with you, I have TuxMats on my week old Ti Sport. They look great, better than the WeatherTech mats for my other cars. This fits is perfect, I plan to keep them on all year. You never know what the weather will do in Norther Ohio!

·
Registered
303 Posts
No, Alfa2Guy. I got basic rubber mats that were supposed to be custom fitted. They didn't fit at all. The ones in the link you provided I considered but didnt know that the red stitching would be right. Those are shape like the Tuxmats. I don't those have a set that is customized for the Q4. Some on this forum have said the Q2 mats work on the Q4. I didnt want to try to experiment and get less than perfect. The Tuxmats have a set for the Q4. I think the Madness mat you showed looks nice and it is available in a few different colors, I think. I would have maybe gone that route if they had the Q4 option.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Floor tunnel is different.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts
My point is that three out of the four position mats that comprise the kit already fit Q4s. WeatherTech dropped the ball by not accommodating the customers most likely to demand its floor liners. At the snail's pace rate WeatherTech is proceeding, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mopar beat them to the punch this fall.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love my Tuxmats and plan to keep them on year round. Rain happens...
They were easy to install and look great! I only used a couple of the clips on each side as they don’t seem to be going anywhere. I can always add more later if this changes. They sent PLENTY!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the TuxMats installed by my detailer and they look great & fit great. I also plan to leave them year round. One thing - the high sides of the front mats covered over the tunnel cargo net. No big deal as was never planning to use it anyway.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Saved my car a million times over the winter in Chicago. Great fit, you get use to them overtime. With that being said, I did remove them for the summer because of the same reason you stated. We're probably not losing any valuable real-estate with them installed but perception can be deceiving.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, Alfa2Guy. I got basic rubber mats that were supposed to be custom fitted. They didn't fit at all.
I have the same rubber mats from Madness and it’s true they don’t really fit correctly. The driver’s side is too short, and the passenger side is way too long. They are just cut out of a larger rubber sheet obviously.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got the TuxMats (Ti Sport AWD) and love them. Looks good, fits well... until you get a detailer who doesn't pay attention.

Despite being told not to remove the mats... the rear mat was not put in again properly and he shifted the seats back into position crushing the mat up under each of the seat's. It didn't hurt the seats any but I don't think the rear mat will ever lay flat and fit properly under the seats again. It was already a tight fit but so much for what foot room there was back there.

The optional tabs that slip under the plastic interior paneling to keep parts of the mats flush can yank the paneling out a bit if not paying attention when removing. Boy genius strikes again. Pushing the panels back down popped them back into place luckily but still, sheesh (being polite here.)

If you get these mats... make a copy of the installation instructions for your detailer and give them a pop-quiz everyone in awhile! I intend to use them year-round... whether to protect the car or hit the detailer over the head remains to be seen ::grin2:

·
Registered
256 Posts
LOVE them. I had them in all winter and just took them out for the summer ( I have the light Lusso interior and, while I’m a huge fan of th TM, I like the light carpet interior look). I never used the clips, so, install was about 6 minuets for the entire car.

·
Registered
774 Posts
How many of you use the retention hook for the driver side TuxMat like the instructions call for?

I’m not about to put a hole through the floor of my brand new QV, so either returning these or need to find a secure way to install them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.