Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, when the Giulia automatic headlights turn on in the day time, how do you turn them off? I have tried rotating the headlight switch counter clockwise to the off position but it does not turn off the headlights. It bounces back like spring action to auto and the headlights stay on.

I am trying to turn them off because once the headlights activate the instrument and infotainment lights dim to night mode and make reading the infotainment extremely difficult.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Link doesn't work but what it'll say is that its not possible in NAFTA cars. And the sensitivity difference between 1 and 3 is not much different.

Have you tried cranking the brightness of the backlights all the way up?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have boosted the brightness and that is ok, just annoying because you need to adjust down at night time.

This car is becoming a regret. I like how the car looks, it drives pretty well, but it is very irritating as a daily driver.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Hello, when the Giulia automatic headlights turn on in the day time, how do you turn them off? I have tried rotating the headlight switch counter clockwise to the off position but it does not turn off the headlights. It bounces back like spring action to auto and the headlights stay on.

I am trying to turn them off because once the headlights activate the instrument and infotainment lights dim to night mode and make reading the infotainment extremely difficult.
Try rotating the switch and holding it for 3 seconds to disable auto headlights. I believe this resets each time the car is restarted. Maybe MacGeek knows if the switch from a region that has proper headlight controls like the UK can be swapped in?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try rotating the switch and holding it for 3 seconds to disable auto headlights. I believe this resets each time the car is restarted. Maybe MacGeek knows if the switch from a region that has proper headlight controls like the UK can be swapped in?
I did try the hold to turn off with no luck. It seems like the feature was removed without removing the placard. Thanks for the thought!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bumping this almost 2 years later.

Is there still no solution to the headlight switch not staying in the Off position?

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
911 Posts
I have 2020 model and lights appear to only stay off when holding switch to the left.

Reactions: brado

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 2020 model and lights appear to only stay off when holding switch to the left.

Same here on my 2019. Not sure what the point of the "Off" selection is if the setting goes right back to Auto. I have turned off Daytime Running Lights in the Car setting from the Infotainment center. I just don't need my headlights coming on everytime I pull into my garage during the day.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I bet the culprit is some obscure regulation that defines car as safer, once implemented during regulatory clearance it has to stay….just wait until you will not be able to switch off start/stop system….I am sure that crap is coming too

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
911 Posts
I've attached the MY2020 manual to this post. Page 37 is where it starts discussing the lights. I don't even see it mention the "off" setting. Really irritating you cannot turn your lights off. We have NODs at my work and I've always wanted to to go dark and barrel down the highway at 150mph like night rider (I never really matured past 14 years old 🤷‍♂️).

Attachments

Reactions: brado

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
615 Posts
….just wait until you will not be able to switch off start/stop system….I am sure that crap is coming too
GM has already had that "feature" on some of their vehicles for the last several years.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The OFF position works when the car is stationary. As soon as you start moving, that’s when the lights decide they know better than you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts