Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Alfa Romeo Giulia already looks amazing now make it sound even better!

Here at MADNESS, we like our cars loud and aggressive, that is why we designed the Lusso and Monza line of exhaust systems!

Made from 2.5" 304 Stainless Steel, TIG welded, and mandrel bent! These systems improve exhaust flow, enhance sound, and reuse the factory hanger positions!

Now you can give the crowd an eargasm as well as break their necks!

The Lusso is the more refined version on the by retaining a mid system resonator.

The Monza is our most aggressive and loudest system. It features no muffler and no resonator. Just 2.5" of stainless steel producing the sound of heaven!

More information can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=madness exhaust

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Improve the sound and performance of your Alfa Romeo Giulia with a single upgrade, a MADNESS Edition Exhaust System!

We have broken our exhaust systems into two types, the Monza and the Lusso.

Both are made from 2.5" 304 Stainless Steel with mandrel bends and compression joints. Where they differ is in the mid pipe section.

We designed the Lusso to have a resonator and produce a more refined deep growl. The Monza does not have the resonator and produces a louder more raw and untamed sound.

Lusso Systems

Stainless Tips
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...e-exit-slash-cut-stainless-steel-tips-pid7238

Carbon Fiber Tips
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...usso-dual-side-exit-carbon-fiber-tips-pid7239

Burnt Blue Tips
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...-exit-blue-flame-stainless-steel-tips-pid7240

Monza Systems

Carbon Fiber Tips
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...onza-dual-side-exit-carbon-fiber-tips-pid7136

Stainless Tips
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...e-exit-slash-cut-stainless-steel-tips-pid7237

Burnt Blue Tips
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...-exit-blue-flame-stainless-steel-tips-pid7248

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Even the Luso at cold startup pissed off the neighbors and my wife so I had it removed and went back to stock, it's loud. With the Luso the car sounded more like an American muscle car rather than a sexy europian sports car. If Madness or any of the other third-party exhaust makers had something higher pitched and somewhere between stock and Luso in loudness, I wouldn't hesitate to try it. BTW I'm selling the Luso system with CF tips if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Even the Luso at cold startup pissed off the neighbors and my wife so I had it removed and went back to stock, it's loud. With the Luso the car sounded more like an American muscle car rather than a sexy europian sports car. If Madness or any of the other third-party exhaust makers had something higher pitched and somewhere between stock and Luso in loudness, I wouldn't hesitate to try it. BTW I'm selling the Luso system with CF tips if anyone wants it.
I very happy with my Remus Axleback with Resonator results. It's probably the tamest setup available, won't piss off neighbors but you can hear the difference over stock. Makes driving in manual mode 100% more enjoyable. The link has installation and some audio.

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/754-giulia-how-diy/39022-remus-axle-back-installation-diy.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
+1 on the REMUS Axleback re volume; only slightly louder than stock. But it is a deeper note than stock, so if you're looking for something "higher pitched" it might not be your answer. I'm with you in that I'd like something that retains the pitch of the stock exhaust, just a little louder/less tame. That said, REMUS seems to be the closest thing I've seen/heard as yet, though from :12 to :14 in this video, I really like the sound of the Madness Lusso... sounds better than the REMUS maybe:

p.s., since this is a Madness thread, while I've no personal experience, my Baltimore-area Alfa mechanic says very good things about them and their products.

Reactions: FordPrefect

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fine for those people who have twin tail piped car - what have you for those people (like me) who have a single tail pipped car.
We've never had a Giulia with that configuration in the shop before but in that case, you would need a new rear diffuser or modify the factory one to fit twin pipes.

It looks like your diffuser is compatible with the base diffuser. We could install one of the new aggressive carbon fiber diffusers and an exhaust system at the same time.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
+1 on the REMUS Axleback re volume; only slightly louder than stock. But it is a deeper note than stock, so if you're looking for something "higher pitched" it might not be your answer. I'm with you in that I'd like something that retains the pitch of the stock exhaust, just a little louder/less tame. That said, REMUS seems to be the closest thing I've seen/heard as yet, though from :12 to :14 in this video, I really like the sound of the Madness Lusso... sounds better than the REMUS maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcp1hgyEwuI

p.s., since this is a Madness thread, while I've no personal experience, my Baltimore-area Alfa mechanic says very good things about them and their products.
The lower pitch is likely to do with the larger pipes 2.5" to 3". The reason is supposedly for performance but I never felt a difference in hp. Also, all these recordings on YouTube are not accurate. I'm a recording engineer and I can tell you that most of these recording have a low-frequency roll off engaged which is normal for cell-phones, Go-Pros, and other video recorders. It's there to reduce wind noise. I was shocked at how low and loud the muffler delete was. BTW - Don't let anyone tell you there isn't a drone. At times it was impossible to talk to my passenger without yelling. In all fairness to Madness, the Luso was very well built and installed in about 1.5 hours at a custom muffler shop. Taking it out and putting back the stock took 2 hours.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lower pitch is likely to do with the larger pipes 2.5" to 3". The reason is supposedly for performance but I never felt a difference in hp. Also, all these recordings on YouTube are not accurate. I'm a recording engineer and I can tell you that most of these recording have a low-frequency roll off engaged which is normal for cell-phones, Go-Pros, and other video recorders. It's there to reduce wind noise. I was shocked at how low and loud the muffler delete was. BTW - Don't let anyone tell you there isn't a drone. At times it was impossible to talk to my passenger without yelling. In all fairness to Madness, the Luso was very well built and installed in about 1.5 hours at a custom muffler shop. Taking it out and putting back the stock took 2 hours.
If a full muffler delete is a bit too loud for you our next suggestion would be a resonator delete while retaining the muffler.

Doing that can make the system a bit louder but the muffler will help with the raw sound of a cold start.

We could also do a custom system with an electronic flap similar to the QV system. You would need to open and close the flap manually since it wouldn't be tied to the DNA or ECU. Something like this could cut the loud cold starts while still allowing you to open her up on the highway and on the twisties.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If a full muffler delete is a bit too loud for you our next suggestion would be a resonator delete while retaining the muffler.

Doing that can make the system a bit louder but the muffler will help with the raw sound of a cold start.

We could also do a custom system with an electronic flap similar to the QV system. You would need to open and close the flap manually since it wouldn't be tied to the DNA or ECU. Something like this could cut the loud cold starts while still allowing you to open her up on the highway and on the twisties.
A resonator delete would produce an insane about of drone so that's not an option.
An electronic flap similar to the QV system would be ideal for the TI. Something to think about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We've never had a Giulia with that configuration in the shop before but in that case, you would need a new rear diffuser or modify the factory one to fit twin pipes.

It looks like your diffuser is compatible with the base diffuser. We could install one of the new aggressive carbon fiber diffusers and an exhaust system at the same time.

this tells me that the 2.0 ltr petrol super saloon is not available to purchase in the USA - here in the UK we have Giulia super, specialle, veloce, quad and a new model due Ti according to Alfa web site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds great

Your Alfa Romeo Giulia already looks amazing now make it sound even better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZqqBsgyos4

Here at MADNESS, we like our cars loud and aggressive, that is why we designed the Lusso and Monza line of exhaust systems!

Made from 2.5" 304 Stainless Steel, TIG welded, and mandrel bent! These systems improve exhaust flow, enhance sound, and reuse the factory hanger positions!

Now you can give the crowd an eargasm as well as break their necks!

The Lusso is the more refined version on the by retaining a mid system resonator.

The Monza is our most aggressive and loudest system. It features no muffler and no resonator. Just 2.5" of stainless steel producing the sound of heaven!

https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=madness exhaust

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lusso is awesome. Yes the cold start is loud. But after a minute it's perfect. And after 7 months the sound is more refined than before. Quietish when you need it to be and loud when you want. Very satisfying burp on wot gear shifts and the downshifts are heavenly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't have experience with the Lusso system, itself, but I did try a muffler delete and fitted some black tips from Madness. Initially I loved it, but after a few weeks my opinion started to change. As mentioned by others the cold start was quite loud, and there was more drone than I'd like. I also wasn't that happy with the first job - use of mild steel etc - so I had it modified with two additional resonators each side. The front resonator is quite small so a similar effect might be achieved by making it bigger?

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have experience with the Lusso system, itself, but I did try a muffler delete and fitted some black tips from Madness. Initially I loved it, but after a few weeks my opinion started to change. As mentioned by others the cold start was quite loud, and there was more drone than I'd like. I also wasn't that happy with the first job - use of mild steel etc - so I had it modified with two additional resonators each side. The front resonator is quite small so a similar effect might be achieved by making it bigger?
There are a number of different types and sizes of resonators on the market and each one tries to create its signature sound. A few years ago Cherry Bomb was the brand everyone went with and some still do. That being said, everyone perceives sound differently. Your ear is about as unique as your fingerprint. We also like our cars loud. Some of us would probably drive with a header dump if we could get away with it.

So we knew going in that these exhaust systems are not for everyone. Thus we offer a full range of exhaust systems for the Giulia platform. We carry a full selection from REMUS, Ragazzon, and our own Lusso / Monza.

If you are after something a bit milder than a Lusso then an axle back by Ragazzon is a good bet.

the REMUS systems are also nice because they come in sections and offer quad exits.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The wife and I bought and had installed at Madness Austin the Monza system. We listened to both as installed on cars before deciding between the Lusso and the Monza. So far we have driven about four hours with the new system driving to lunch south of Austin after the installation and then back home to the DFW area. We could not be more pleased. This is an outstanding system. In addition, the installation was very well done. If we made any change to the system it would be to make it even louder. We ran the system at speeds from 5 mph to 90 mph on the way back. Neither one of use heard or felt anything objectionable. Everyone we dealt with at Madness Austin was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The wife and I bought and had installed at Madness Austin the Monza system. We listened to both as installed on cars before deciding between the Lusso and the Monza. So far we have driven about four hours with the new system driving to lunch south of Austin after the installation and then back home to the DFW area. We could not be more pleased. This is an outstanding system. In addition, the installation was very well done. If we made any change to the system it would be to make it even louder. We ran the system at speeds from 5 mph to 90 mph on the way back. Neither one of use heard or felt anything objectionable. Everyone we dealt with at Madness Austin was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.
It was great having you two in the shop yesterday!

The Monza really is our favorite system here at the shop.

If you want to make it even louder we can do that. We could put in an electronic dump valve. Could end up sound like a NASCAR rolling through Dallas. >:)

Let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It was great having you two in the shop yesterday!

The Monza really is our favorite system here at the shop.

If you want to make it even louder we can do that. We could put in an electronic dump valve. Could end up sound like a NASCAR rolling through Dallas. >:)

Let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with.
Yes, there is something you can help me with. Describe this electronic dump valve modification in more detail please. I am not looking for a NASCAR type of sound exactly. I would say something more along the lines of a Top Fuel dragster leaving the line. :grin2: The wife and I are serious here. The Monza system is fine, but a bit more roar would be better.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, there is something you can help me with. Describe this electronic dump valve modification in more detail please. I am not looking for a NASCAR type of sound exactly. I would say something more along the lines of a Top Fuel dragster leaving the line. :grin2: The wife and I are serious here. The Monza system is fine, but a bit more roar would be better.
Sure.

There are by-pass valves that can be installed into an exhaust system which have a flap inside them much like the Quadrifoglio system. The difference here is when this flap is closed the exhaust flows through the Monza system like it normally would. When you hit a button on the controller this flap will open, forcing the exhaust out. A system like this allows the user to change from a header dump to a full exhaust. That valve can normally be installed anywhere in the existing exhaust system but we will have to cut it up to fit the new piece.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Make that Giulia sound as good as it looks with the MADNESS Edition Exhaust Systems!

These systems come in two different varieties. The Lusso and the Monza. Both systems are manufactured from 2.5" 304 Stainless Steel, TIG welded, and mandrel bent to perfection.

Where these systems differ is in the midsection. With the Lusso we put in a resonator to tame the beast a bit. The Monza does not have that resonator making it the loudest most aggressive complete exhaust system out there!

Lusso
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=lusso exhaust

Monza
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=monza

1 - 20 of 28 Posts