Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been a good member by searching the driver's manual but either missed it or it's not there. When driving, if I press the button on the end of the turn signal stalk, it actuates the lane departure warning function. But I see two more 'dots' indicating, to me anyway, that there are two more functions to be actuated. What are these and what mode does the car have to be in for them to be functional? Or, point me to the relevant page in the manual.
Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Okay, I've been a good member by searching the driver's manual but either missed it or it's not there. When driving, if I press the button on the end of the turn signal stalk, it actuates the lane departure warning function. But I see two more 'dots' indicating, to me anyway, that there are two more functions to be actuated. What are these and what mode does the car have to be in for them to be functional? Or, point me to the relevant page in the manual.
Thanks
Alan
I am totally guessing here because I have not had a chance to look, but could these dots be the ones that indicate there are additional cluster views available that are activated by pushing the button at the end of the other (right hand) stalk?

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks
Alan
Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but if you are talking about the 3 "dots" or vertical "dashes" on the top side of the stalk in-between the lane departure lines, I think it's referring to the sensitivity of adaptive cruise control, as in how close to the car in front before the car starts braking.

I am totally guessing here because I have not had a chance to look, but could these dots be the ones that indicate there are additional cluster views available that are activated by pushing the button at the end of the other (right hand) stalk?
Pretty sure that's a no.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but if you are talking about the 3 "dots" or vertical "dashes" on the top side of the stalk in-between the lane departure lines, I think it's referring to the sensitivity of adaptive cruise control, as in how close to the car in front before the car starts braking.

Pretty sure that's a no.
The ACC distance setting is definitely long horizontal lines, not dots.

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and ask, if you don't want to keep your hands on the steering wheel, why did you buy a Guilia?
??? Who said they didn’t want to keep their hands on the wheel?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I was referring to the "number of seconds hands off the wheel" pic in the previous post.
Ahhh, ok. Used that pic for illustrative purposes only since it had a clear view of the “dots”. Wasn’t meant as an endorsement for hands free driving!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was what you thought it was wingler, by pressing the button on the wiper stalk, it cycles through trip odometer, G-force meter and lane departure warning.
Alan

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I was what you thought it was wingler, by pressing the button on the wiper stalk, it cycles through trip odometer, G-force meter and lane departure warning.
Alan
Good, glad that’s sorted. What you see in the display will vary based on which dna mode you have selected.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
225 Posts
Alan
It took me a few days to figure that same thing out when I first got the Alfa. So, you are not alone.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
308 Posts
The ACC distance setting is definitely long horizontal lines, not dots.
For the light on the display, yes. But the symbol physically printed on top of the stalk? There's no horizontal dashes there at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts