Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just for those wanting turbo noise, costs nothing and no fault codes are triggered.

Remove engine cover (2 x 10mm bolts)
Remove hose from DV and throw it in the trunk or garage (purple hose from picture below)
Plug EGR recirculating inlet (preferably use something with a clamp)

- 1” or 25mm diameter for reference

Enjoy your Psshh sound coming from the turbo

Other option you have is to leave the hose on the engine and plug the DV end of t with an expansion plug (see picture) and use the stock clamp for additional support.
You can even add zip ties if you want to secure it but I don’t think is needed

Disclaimer:
Do this at your own risk. It worked for me and my friend but I am not responsible for any damages for your vehicle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im too noob to know if this is a good idea but im really interested in some turbo swishes. If some pros could chime in, I'd feel a lot better.... :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im too noob to know if this is a good idea but im really interested in some turbo swishes. If some pros could chime in, I'd feel a lot better.... :)

It doesn’t affect at all, the air goes to the atmosphere instead of back into the EGR system. As long as you plug it You won’t get a code for vacuum leak

·
Registered
201 Posts
Omg lol That sounds hardcore!! Not sure if I'm ready for that. Does it only make that whipping sound when you're full throttle?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Yeah discharge from the dump value after the turbos spool and you let the pressure off :) You can tap the accelerator and have it hiss, hiss, hiss when a lane hog is 'poodling' :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Omg lol That sounds hardcore!! Not sure if I'm ready for that. Does it only make that whipping sound when you're full throttle?

Depends on the load, small load less sound, I was just trying to be as loud as possible for video purposes

·
Registered
141 Posts
Some diverter valves let a small amount of air pass under vacuum. On a different car I tried to run a forge bpv as atmospheric and the car basically had a vacuum leak and was stalling. I switched to a tial q after that. Interesting that the giulia seems fine with the stock diverter valve running to atmosphere.

Usually on maf based cars they will run rich after an atmospheric diverter valve actuates. Has anyone monitored the air fuel ratio with this change?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some diverter valves let a small amount of air pass under vacuum. On a different car I tried to run a forge bpv as atmospheric and the car basically had a vacuum leak and was stalling. I switched to a tial q after that. Interesting that the giulia seems fine with the stock diverter valve running to atmosphere.

Usually on maf based cars they will run rich after an atmospheric diverter valve actuates. Has anyone monitored the air fuel ratio with this change?

I can measure it but I can assure you there is no code, the system has no way to measure the air released and recirculated, it can only detect vacuum leak which is why we plug the end

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would love to try this but have not seen the car in over 4 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I would love to try that, as long as it does not sound like another Civic high school klunker from some teenager....lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is this blow off valve recirculating back to the throttle body? Would this affect WOT when it's supposed to continuously build boost while up shifting?

·
Registered
82 Posts
From my experience using atmospheric bov’s, there is usually slight performance loss. The only application I’ve seen it used as a benefit to the system was on big turbo setups. That being said, I believe every car will handle it differently. I used to have the infamous HKS Ssqv on my wrx. I enjoyed it at the time, but ultimately reverted back to the recirculating bov the vehicle came with. Awesome diy though! Might try it out for the fun of it, seems like a quick and easy mod. To the op, where did you source the plug and clamp?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts