Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my late night surfing, I stumbled on a page that indicates Tubi may in fact now have a set up for 2.0T Giulia's? Has anyone heard one in person? From the photos it would appear no resonator and classic big Tubi rear can is the set up. I searched Youtube, but no luck finding any clips. I'd be interested in knowing more if anyone else knows more.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
About 10 years ago I owned a 2006 Maserati Cambio Corsa Coupe with a Tubi exhaust....It was AMAZING....the paintings on the walls would clatter on start up while I was in the garage...:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hence my curiosity. I was going to pull the trigger on the Lusso as it is the closest Tubi sounding exhaust I've found, but if Tubi is an option, all bets are off. Found a local dealer and they are looking into it. Will relay what I find out. The dealer on eBay that sales them in Australia is also confirming fitment with Tubi per VIN. Stay tuned ...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Read Tubi can make a "loud" (baffling modified in the can) and a "Tube" version. Waiting to hear back bc that clip is a bit too tame for my ears, especially at $2300 shipped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent the link to Tubi.it - I have confirmed that is the original old system, which they deemed as "too quiet" and is no longer produced. They only now make the "loud" (their medium version) system for the Giulia - maybe I should launch a gofundme campaign and be a guinea pig for some video footage ... lol There is one in Ontario on a Q4, apparently, that has the system in place, but alas is not on this forum.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct, but then again I’ve never heard a Tubi I didn’t like ... but it would be nice if some recon was already done.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Here is a clip. Hard to tell if this sounds like a 2300 dollar system. That’s stupid money for this car. The lusso at 1600 is already priced pretty high. From the brief clips sounds like ragazzon only deeper but who knows.

http://tubistyle.bestexhaust.com.au...o-giulia-veloce-280hp-rear-exhaust-17484.html
These clips are always pretty crap but I would swear that my Ragazzon axleback sounds louder and deeper than this....plus it looks better made....$2800 lolz

·
Registered
647 Posts
About 10 years ago I owned a 2006 Maserati Cambio Corsa Coupe with a Tubi exhaust....It was AMAZING....the paintings on the walls would clatter on start up while I was in the garage...:surprise:
You had paintings on the walls of your garage? Molto interessante! :confused:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You had paintings on the walls of your garage? Molto interessante! :confused:
In the garage and the house....

Not really that impressive....just covering tape joints !!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
No way Tubi or anyone else is going to make the GME sound like a flat-plane crank Ferrari/Maserati V8 or a V12. Basically with any turbo 4 cylinder your cat-back exhaust sound options are: 1) volume (mufflers or no mufflers); 2) how much drone you want (resonators or anti-reversion pipes or nothing at all); 3) unspecified tonal qualities (pipe diameter and wall thickness, material, bends, straight pipe vs. y-pipe, venturi tubes, joint construction); 4) how much flatulence effect do you want during upshifts; and 5) how many snaps, crackles and pops do you want on overrun. A cat-back exhaust is going to effect 1, 2 and 3. The ECU tune mostly effects 4 and 5. To be honest most cat-back exhaust systems on 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo cars sound the same whether on a Ford Focus RS, VW GTI or Alfa Romeo Giulia.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
^ what he said...
I wanted relatively quiet non droning deeper sound hence I went with Ragazzon and kept original midsection...Ragazzon has 3 inch pipes and small muffler...result is louder but not obnoxious, non droning, very deep sound....it sounds like a 4 liter 4cylinder lol...it is also extremelly well made from 304 SS and even joints have clamps welded on them...and if you really floor it it does also roar quite a bit...they also have available resonated and non resonated 3 inch midsections but for me this thing sounds perfect as is

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll keep my Centerline Corsa.

·
Registered
619 Posts
there are at least three manufacturers as good or better than tubi. i would not waste one red cent on a tubi exhaust having experience with them with my bb. maybe bell will make one in the uk? if so...a bell is what i will have thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
ONe company that stands out in my mind is my countryman Akrapovic, I know how they go about development of exhaust....in front of his Tesla like facility there are always factory trucks from Ferrari, Porsche and Yamaha....while his pricing is beyond the taste for too many, when every last HP gained and every last ounce of weight counts, Akrapovic is the stuff....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
there are at least three manufacturers as good or better than tubi. i would not waste one red cent on a tubi exhaust having experience with them with my bb. maybe bell will make one in the uk? if so...a bell is what i will have thank you!!!
I'm with you on Tubi....prefer a Capristo or something from FabSpeed over them..
there was an Italian car show and these 2 355 GTBs were there..one with a Tubi the other w/the Capristo...guess which one sounded better:grin2:

but at the end of the day a cat-back will only do so much for sound....if you want the full experience..a set of HFC and and x-pipe really alter the sound immensely...(disclaimer I had these things done to my M cars which had V8s)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,910 Posts
ONe company that stands out in my mind is my countryman Akrapovic, I know how they go about development of exhaust....in front of his Tesla like facility there are always factory trucks from Ferrari, Porsche and Yamaha....while his pricing is beyond the taste for too many, when every last HP gained and every last ounce of weight counts, Akrapovic is the stuff....
I'm not sure how to convince Akrapovic to design something for Giulia 2.0T or QV when there are not enough people excited to see one.

Here is a picture of the Akrapovic exhaust for a 4C, apparently on display at a car show in the UK:
http://cdn2.evo.co.uk/sites/evo/files/images/dir_1181/car_photo_590590.jpg

Note the innovative "mufflers on the sides" arrangement and the fabulous CF heat shield. alfaromeousa just shows a picture of that piece of CF on the ordering website.

You cannot buy this directly from Akrapovic (so it says on their site), it is only available through AR.

TiTek is another Titanium exhaust mfg, but I have no idea about their ability to make something for Giulia.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm not sure how to convince Akrapovic to design something for Giulia 2.0T or QV when there are not enough people excited to see one.

Here is a picture of the Akrapovic exhaust for a 4C, apparently on display at a car show in the UK:
http://cdn2.evo.co.uk/sites/evo/files/images/dir_1181/car_photo_590590.jpg

Note the innovative "mufflers on the sides" arrangement and the fabulous CF heat shield. alfaromeousa just shows a picture of that piece of CF on the ordering website.

You cannot buy this directly from Akrapovic (so it says on their site), it is only available through AR.

TiTek is another Titanium exhaust mfg, but I have no idea about their ability to make something for Giulia.
I would say that Giulia just doesnt fit into his business model and mission.....If you check Akrapovic prices for Ti exhaust for high end cars you can understand that not too many 2.0 owners would get excited over 10-15k exhaust, pretty sure there would not be enough QV owners for him to make one either....Akrapovic makes exhausts a bit differently than garage operations, same for bikes, difference is obvious in how he smoothens power curves, increases power and torque, removes drone and weight etc with extensive testing and modeling etc, his involvement in racing and particularly MotoGP and WSB is a good testament to measurable quality....I dont want to denigrate some manufacturers on this forum because they just weld together some open pipes from cheap materials and call it a great product for 2 grand installed...but then most of us are just happy with nice noise and even touch of drone..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts