Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I want to know what is under the black panel closer to the back seats. Is it the same storage well as in the 2017's. Or does what appears to be the well under the grey panel shown replace that? In other words is this a new storage compartment or just replacing the current one? Don't think it matters for the 2017 because its not going to be a retrofit.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
OK you had me for a minute there. It's an add on, (sigh).

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice detective work low flyer! It is the foldable cargo box from an old Saturn Vue. That was my favorite thing about that car. Dropped right in the space. Can you imagine the gasps if it came with a sports car like this! Still, super useful...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice detective work low flyer! It is the foldable cargo box from an old Saturn Vue. That was my favorite thing about that car. Dropped right in the space. Can you imagine the gasps if it came with a sports car like this! Still, super useful...
Is there any side to side, front to back slop when dropping it into the existing space? Does it sit flush to the floor level? If you dyed the carpet black, who would know that came from a Saturn Vue? It's posts like this that make this forum valuable!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
There is a Alfa Dealer Parts Department cargo net system available, as well.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there any side to side, front to back slop when dropping it into the existing space? Does it sit flush to the floor level? If you dyed the carpet black, who would know that came from a Saturn Vue? It's posts like this that make this forum valuable!
No slop, but it sits about an 3/4 inch high with the old Giulia carpet removed. I fold the original floor over and it looks flush but would need some cutting of the original Giulia carpet to fit properly where the trunk narrows near the rear seat. Not willing to do that to my new car! Very useful for day to day driving and unexpected shopping stops.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts