Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange thing happened yesterday while loading groceries into the Giulia trunk. No matter how forcefully or gently I closed the trunk it would pop back up. I rearranged everything in the trunk, it it still popped up. Finally, I removed the key fob from the car and the trunk closed just as it should.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Strange thing happened yesterday while loading groceries into the Giulia trunk. No matter how forcefully or gently I closed the trunk it would pop back up. I rearranged everything in the trunk, it it still popped up. Finally, I removed the key fob from the car and the trunk closed just as it should.
I seem to recall somebody else talking about this issue. They way I understand it is that it's a built in safety device so you can't lock the key in the car.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I seem to recall somebody else talking about this issue. They way I understand it is that it's a built in safety device so you can't lock the key in the car.
Correct, it is not a bug, it is a feature.....all cars with keyless entry do that to prevent you from locking the keys in the trunk inadvertently

1 - 5 of 5 Posts