Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a HP lap top and no matter what I do I can't sign in on it. Is it because of the different ip address?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I bought a HP lap top and no matter what I do I can't sign in on it. Is it because of the different ip address?
Possibly. But, I switch between my phone, laptop and desktop quite often. Perhaps you're entering the password incorrectly. It is cASe sensitive. You could try resetting your password.

I seem to recall the Admin mentioning once that there's new security that uses something about the device itself as a security feature. I can't recall now just how that works. But the idea is that even if some slimeball does get your username and password, he will be rejected because his device isn't recognized.

I'm going to forward this to the Admin and let them address this.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did reset the password twice but it still won't work.

·
Administrator
506 Posts
@alfa55 do you get an error when you try to log in? Is the email on your account your current one? I can manually reset the password for you and email it to you?

Niall

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@alfa55 do you get an error when you try to log in? Is the email on your account your current one? I can manually reset the password for you and email it to you?

Niall
I get invalid password. I just changed it for the third time and the same thing happens . I also get an email stating that someone with a different ip address is trying to log in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts