Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Nice Sideskirts! Where did you get them if I may ask? Did you install them or have them installed by dealer/shop?
David at Imperial Works in Sacramento designed, fabricated and installed them.

Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm over here from the Stelvio sister page and must say, these pictures have me questioning whether Giulia would have been the way to go!

I have a Stelvio on order in Trofeo White and wanted to ask you all your experience of waxing/detailing your Trofeos. I'm conscious of the semi-matte kinda finish and wonder if wax is a good idea/should be used?

JD

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm over here from the Stelvio sister page and must say, these pictures have me questioning whether Giulia would have been the way to go!

I have a Stelvio on order in Trofeo White and wanted to ask you all your experience of waxing/detailing your Trofeos. I'm conscious of the semi-matte kinda finish and wonder if wax is a good idea/should be used?

JD
Mine has Xpel and Ceramic Pro over the whole thing, so no wax. I was told that tri-coat paints chip easily.

One "issue" with the tri-coat is that the plastic parts get a slightly different paint (some additive to improve flexibility?) that causes a color mismatch. Depending on the angle and color of the light this mismatch can be invisible or fairly significant. It is similar to the point that the "sparkle" in the paint is visible under some lighting conditions, but not others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

JD
Mine has Xpel and Ceramic Pro over the whole thing, so no wax. I was told that tri-coat paints chip easily.

One "issue" with the tri-coat is that the plastic parts get a slightly different paint (some additive to improve flexibility?) that causes a color mismatch. Depending on the angle and color of the light this mismatch can be invisible or fairly significant. It is similar to the point that the "sparkle" in the paint is visible under some lighting conditions, but not others.
I will have a read on the Xpel and Ceramic Pro and appreciate your advice. What kind of finish do they leave on the car. The mismatch sounds frustrating and hopefully not too bad when I get my Stelvio!

·
Registered
26 Posts
BandE,

What tint percentage did you have installed on your QV? I got the same car from Tacoma and it’s going In for tint on Friday.

Thx

Kristian

·
Registered
312 Posts
So can someone tell me is the trofeo white a semi matte color, is it pearlescent?

·
Registered
576 Posts

I think all cars with plastic bumpers are painted with a flex agent. It is not unique to Alfa.

·
Vendor
2,689 Posts
Official club member! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts

My previous car was pearl white ( almost identical to the paint of the alfa) and the bumpers didn't match the color of the car in some lighting. As for the paint, it doesn't chip any easier than a different color but it can show imperfections if you use a detail light. In regular lighting it's no different than white or silver as far as showing imperfections or damage

·
Vendor
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Is the left side of the trunk lid a little crooked? Your car seems to have similar fitment and color flaws to mine.

Are we going to start a Pearl White thread for the 2020s?

·
Vendor
2,689 Posts
Nice.
Is the front bumper repainted?
Yes but it has a film on it so it looks weird in the photo. Not in real time though, ok a little. But even from the factory both bumpers look like this do it being plastic. I ripped off the bumper the minute I got it. :D I can't imagine lowering this thing, I'd be replacing bumpers left and right....hahaha nonsense! ;)

Wife, kid and car parked on eye-talian curb! :p

21 - 40 of 53 Posts