Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i noticed some different noises coming out of transmision starting with gear 5 and up on lower end of rpms, while the road noise doesnt cancel it, is this normal ? from 1-4 gears it sounds smooth as a butter, anyone else noticed it or is it just my car ?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Did the noise become noticeable after any of the several mods to your car? To answer your question, I haven't noticed any different noises on gear 5 and up. What are your hearing exactly?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i noticed it just recently, it sound like it should'nt be there lol, i dont know how to explain it though.. ill try to make a video, its barelly noticable, but i noticed it because it only does from 5 gear

·
Registered
422 Posts
If that thing does anything weird while driving, at all take it back. Slip-bang especially. When my last ZF took a crap in my BMW (5 speed ZF) it whined like a pissed off cat (failed pump) then I lost all reverse and got slip bang in forward gears.

Oh and PS best get some new rubber on the rears before you take it in ;)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
so i noticed some different noises coming out of transmision starting with gear 5 and up on lower end of rpms, while the road noise doesnt cancel it, is this normal ? from 1-4 gears it sounds smooth as a butter, anyone else noticed it or is it just my car ?
What kind of noises? Can you describe them? You say: "gear 5 and up on the lower end of rpms", are you manually shifting? If so, it could just be the sound of lugging the trans at speeds/rpms too low for the gear you're in. If that's the case, there's nothing wrong, you just need to shift down a gear.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of noises? Can you describe them? You say: "gear 5 and up on the lower end of rpms", are you manually shifting? If so, it could just be the sound of lugging the trans at speeds/rpms too low for the gear you're in. If that's the case, there's nothing wrong, you just need to shift down a gear.
can gear it in auto Dynamic mode too, ill try to make a video after work, 98% of the time i do drive on D mode and, average about 22MPG, i mean i have a heavy foot, and do love to push the car all the time, guess my driving habits can be harmful lol, my oil indicator can confirm it, im at 80% of oil level at 6k miles after an oil change

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sound is Mechanical for shure, something like "hrglhrgl" i dont know how to explain it :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took the car on my break to gas station to fill up, drove a bit, couldnt hear those sounds, and the microphone didnt pick up anything, looks like the road needs to be super smooth and the suroundings super quiet to hear it, because i am only able to hear it when i drive at night from my girls house, they have super smooth pavement there so there isnt alot of road noise.. maybe im just paranoid ill try to record it at night though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts