296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:surprise:
I crossed shopped Tesla

Enjoy

·
Registered
554 Posts
Why did I watch that entire video? I also test drove a Model S, didn't feel like a real car. Alfa would get crucified if it had build quality issues like Tesla.

I'm happy to report that I'm over a month into my QV ownership and I don't have a single rattle, obvious misalignment of any parts, screen issue, windshield defect, or squeak. Of course, that isn't much time, but so far so good.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
An "anti-Giulia and a living lie:
Takes a tremendous amount of energy to produce.
No practical plan to recycle or dispose of all those batteries.
Burning through cash. Inflated stock price.
Abysmal employee relations.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,157 Posts
Why did I watch that entire video? I also test drove a Model S, didn't feel like a real car. Alfa would get crucified if it had build quality issues like Tesla.

I'm happy to report that I'm over a month into my QV ownership and I don't have a single rattle, obvious misalignment of any parts, screen issue, windshield defect, or squeak. Of course, that isn't much time, but so far so good.
Yeah, the Tesla "problems" mostly seem so small as to be not worth fussing over. Trying to align two pieces of trim that are not the same size is an exercise in futility. He didn't have a motor or inverter failure, problems which apparently are distressingly common on Tesla.

It has been pointed out that as a car becomes very quite inside, ever small noises become increasingly annoying. Just install a louder exhaust. Oh, that won't work on a Tesla. FWIW: I hear nothing in either of his recordings of the squeaky fan--maybe it's just my bad hearing?

Some car/tire/road combinations will give the appearance of the wheel not being centered when it is actually a slip angle thing.

If that guy is representative of Tesla owners I'll never buy a Tesla no matter how much they improve the vehicle.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
It has been pointed out that as a car becomes very quite inside, ever small noises become increasingly annoying. Just install a louder exhaust. Oh, that won't work on a Tesla. FWIW: I hear nothing in either of his recordings of the squeaky fan--maybe it's just my bad hearing?
I remember a theory in the 1970s/80s that Japanese car companies were "giving away" radios because masking noise from its various sources was easier than eliminating it -- they got there eventually.

If that guy is representative of Tesla owners I'll never buy a Tesla no matter how much they improve the vehicle.
Even though you'd be doing your part to improve the base? :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
There you have it - this gent grew up in the 'bat till you hit' era & 'everybody is a winner'. Faced with adversity, he decides he has to share it with the world and inflict his pain on anyone who watches his pathetic video. Quality is an issue and Tesla should correct the obvious defects...but he could not snap a piece of trim back on the mirror? Sad - he did remind me of a certain forum.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I restrict my driving of electric cars to the golf course, Tesla does not appeal to me at all. Did you hear the noises made by the doors when closing ??

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
An "anti-Giulia and a living lie:
No practical plan to recycle or dispose of all those batteries.
How many D cell batteries does that S car take?
Probably best to buy them at Costco or Woot.
I would imagine one would start with 5 cases or so?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry, I need to hire a new joke writer! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My friend has a Tesla X and it truly is a remarkable car!

I'd still rather have my Alfa though!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Don't discount the possibility the reader missed it. :nerd:
Yeah, but I'm quite embarrassed I didn't know the Telsa really did use flashlight batteries! It never offered any interest to me so I had not investigated it other than knowing it sounded like a golf cart or hair dryer.

:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts