3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's now bound for NYC! And that's the region code on my order/VIN. My salesman think the car might not even be in paint yet.

·
Registered
321 Posts
john thats what I have stated in past. the left hand does not know what the right is doing. long story short called tues using phone car not built yet. waited a couple of days thurs. used chat and car was at port in newark. unless alfa has developed a "transporter pod" different parties give different answer I finally called my dealer which told me car is being prepped for deliver to dealership. FYI still waiting car has has been in prep. since july 17th .

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sal,
I PM'ed MacGeek about it too. He's helped a lot. It's the logistics phases that confuse everybody. It only takes about a week to build a Giulia, if there are no problems that need fixing. I think the next step for us and the community is to see if we can get info on the ports and ships. The above shipped is flagged under Panama. Civitavecchia definitely looks like the port. And thanks for the time frame. That 2 weeks period looks right given that it's stateside now.

Reactions: Sal Scotto

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's still in the Azores. Added a day for ETA. Now on 8/8. Didn't someone also say that Quads are shipped in containers? I have to search it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New vehicle carrier just arrived at Civitavecchia. No clear destination yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
New vehicle carrier just arrived at Civitavecchia. No clear destination yet.
I didn't know you were in the cruise business John!:grin2:
I hope your QV arrives soon!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might just be, but I was also disappointed just now. I signed up for a basic subscription to Marine traffic and now the tracking for the one ship I chose for my fleet has been disabled! Site tells me I need to upgrade AGAIN to get tracking that was available before. I try to upgrade and it tells me I can't upgrade during trial period. That's about 2 weeks. Which is after the ship is due to arrive! What in the world? Also, when you search your fleet ships it displays ok but zoomed in. When you zoom out to see more, the ship disappears! Really frustrating and bordering on rip off.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, like with Alfa Romeo software, Marine Traffic may have their own issues. I think my theory on how the web site is working may be true. Here is another shot from tonight. The one cargo ship visible after searching for the Cristiana and then highlighting the track forecast, then zooming out. Track line is wrong but position is probably right, with no transponder ID but position via gps.

Time to go to bed. Tutto Italiano tomorrow. Tons of pics Buona notte!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well what do you know!

MSC Cristiana is off the coast of Nantucket. Voyage forecast track has them back in Civitavecchia by the 17th. They were heading to NYC, due to arrive there tomorrow-ish.

Still not certain my car, or any Alfas are on this ship. But it was the only one to leave for the US in the past week or two. It's a vehicles carrier. Anyone know if Alfa is shipping by container on container ships?

Lets see if a window sticker shows up in the next 2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hey thanks wb! I was trying to find that info in the threads. I remember you or somebody else posting that. I'll look into it now.
Added thanks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grande Portogallo has spent most of the last month or two around Europe, the Mediterranean and the British Isles. I don't think it's a transatlantic ship. But who knows. I'll keep an eye on it. Grimaldi as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found the attached schedule on Grimaldi's website.
(I can't figure out how to add an inline image to a post.)

I put Baltimore in as the POD, but all three of these ROROs stop in NY first.

If you think it is on the MSC Cristiana, have you tried putting your VIN in MSC's cargo tracking page? I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot.

Hoegh Autoliners also has a cargo tracking page, that specifically states "enter VIN".

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
John, I am confused, are you buying a QV or a transatlantic vessel?:grin2:

I hope your Quadrifoglio arrives soon!:wink2:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I found the attached schedule on Grimaldi's website.
(I can't figure out how to add an inline image to a post.)

I put Baltimore in as the POD, but all three of these ROROs stop in NY first.

If you think it is on the MSC Cristiana, have you tried putting your VIN in MSC's cargo tracking page? I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot.

Hoegh Autoliners also has a cargo tracking page, that specifically states "enter VIN".
Following on those Grimaldi schedules, both the Hoegh Singapore and the CSCC Tianjin are scheduled to initially hit a port in NY and then travel onto the Port of Baltimore two days later. CSCC Tianjin then travels to Jacksonville for a third stop, and then onto Houston for a fourth stop. Baltimore, Jacksonville and Houston are both known ports that FCA uses.

When did NY get added to the Alfa's port distribution system? I haven't seen NY listed as the port of entry on any of the window stickers I've looked at online.

MSC Cristiana will also head to Baltimore after initial stop in NY.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Not sure NY is added but the region is indicated on my build sheet. It may only be for dealer dealership purposes. I'll check the new post info now.

VIN pulls up nothing on both MSC and Hoegh. May still be in Civitavecchia.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When my Ti "departed the port" it was at the same time that the Grande Sierra Leone left Civitavecchia on its way to Baltimore (not NY first) then Jacksonville, then Galviston/Houston. Then it went back up the east coast before going all over western Europe. So it doesn't appear that any given Ro-Ro carrier just goes back and forth on trans-Atlantic routes exclusively.

While you're watching, I'd be curious to know how they get those cars to San Diego (listed on many, but not all of the dealer's window stickers as the "port of entry")since the Grande Sierra Leonne didn't go through the Panama Canal. Going East from Italy would have taken longer, and through potentially more unfriendly waters... Another of the things that cross your mind as your special order Giulia takes longer than expected to show up: Oh $#!+, The pirates have my car and will be in a ransom standoff for years! LOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New York may just be a fuel stop.

MSC Cristiana is now under way to Baltimore. I added some other ships to my fleet list and PM'd ARCares this morning.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 243 Posts