Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of spare Technicos that I will be mounting my non winter tires on.
I will need a set of TPMs for them.
OEM sets are available through Mopar and other well know vendors for about $60 each or $240 + tax for the set.

I have seen some aftermarket sets available around $40 each so $160-180 a set...

Any advantages of one over the other or recommendations for a particular set?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have a set of spare Technicos that I will be mounting my non winter tires on.
I will need a set of TPMs for them.
OEM sets are available through Mopar and other well know vendors for about $60 each or $240 + tax for the set.

I have seen some aftermarket sets available around $40 each so $160-180 a set...

Any advantages of one over the other or recommendations for a particular set?
at least make sure you get ones with the correct transmission frequency

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was wondering the same thing as I am about to order wheels and tires from Tire rack. Their tpms are $160 for the set of 4.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was wondering the same thing as I am about to order wheels and tires from Tire rack. Their tpms are $160 for the set of 4.
I ordered the same from Tire Rack and their sensors worked perfect. No programing or reset necessary. Swapped between Summer and Winter tires without a problem or TPMS warning light.

Reactions: C.Q4

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
796 Posts
I went another route and got a matching part number for the Mopar part off eBay. These worked fantastically with no issues. Here's the link:

Saved $140. Used on my winters. These are the OEM Antel parts that AR private labels, apparently.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I went another route and got a matching part number for the Mopar part off eBay. These worked fantastically with no issues. Here's the link:

Saved $140. Used on my winters. These are the OEM Antel parts that AR private labels, apparently.

Good deal. I had mad luck with my Porsches using aftermarket sensors. I tried the Tire Rack and they sometimes worked. It got a bit irritating.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I tried to look up the Stelvio /Giulia oem part numbers but couldn't find any verification that these matched.
The pics do look the same.
For that price, it's worth a try.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I tried to look up the Stelvio /Giulia oem part numbers but couldn't find any verification that these matched.
The pics do look the same.
For that price, it's worth a try.
use the TireRack OEM cross to confirm or look at the MoparOnlineParts above to confirm.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,416 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
use the TireRack OEM cross to confirm or look at the MoparOnlineParts above to confirm.

View attachment 108808
I ordered these this morning.
When I looked at the Mopar parts site listed above, I couldn't find alfa Romeo as an option.
If these work as expected, it's about 190 dollars in savings over OEM ❤

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Just wanted to make sure and reply back with a huge THANK YOU!
I ordered the set off ebay, $51.67, free shipping for a set of 4 sensors that fit, perfect, paired up quickly and measure accurately.
Saved about $189 over OEM or Discount Tire and $108 over tire rack.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just wanted to make sure and reply back with a huge THANK YOU!
I ordered the set off ebay, $51.67, free shipping for a set of 4 sensors that fit, perfect, paired up quickly and measure accurately.
Saved about $189 over OEM or Discount Tire and $108 over tire rack.
my pleasure to help. TY for letting us know it worked out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ended up paying the tire rack price but did save money by having my wheels and tires mounted and balanced as well as sensors installed when everything arrived.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And shipped for free - tire rack has always worked well for me over the years.
No problem with going through tire rack at all, but if we can save over a hundred bucks compared to the tire rack price, then that's good too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts