Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My infotainment is consistently giving tire pressure readings 5-7 pounds higher than what I'm measuring at the wheel. Anyone else?

·
Registered
570 Posts
My infotainment is consistently giving tire pressure readings 5-7 pounds higher than what I'm measuring at the wheel. Anyone else?
My info screen is also typically off. Not 5-7 pounds though. More like 2-3.

For what it’s worth I have the stock Q2 staggered summer tire setup.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Have you guys tried different gauges? Usually the sensor is fairly close.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Was it eve meant to be a substitute for a gauge? I thought just a convenient complement.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My TPMS display is spot on with my hand gauge. The hand gauge is a proven accurate, analogue, shockproof unit I spent quite a bit on.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Was it eve meant to be a substitute for a gauge? I thought just a convenient complement.
Should be accurate within 1psi I would say. I’ve never seen an accuracy issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Probably I'm blind or tech challenged.....my tire pressure is in atmospheres rather than pounds.....I have looked all over trying to change it ..............is there someone out there that can tell me the secret ??,,,,I expect it will be right in front of me....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Probably I'm blind or tech challenged.....my tire pressure is in atmospheres rather than pounds.....I have looked all over trying to change it ..............is there someone out there that can tell me the secret ??,,,,I expect it will be right in front of me....
I expect your other settings are metric?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have both a fairly high quality Accu-Gage analog tire gauge, bought years ago and a newer digital gauge, Amazon/Be Lighted/$13. The new one is nice and better than the $25 Michelin one I previously bought (DOA). These read about within 0.5 to 1.0 psi of each other. The PSI readout on my 12v portable tire inflator is also within 0.5-1.0 psi of the two gauges. I'm confident that I keep my 4 tires close to the Giulia recommended 32psi front and 35 psi rear for normal driving.

I only use the screen TPMS readout for a general approximation for the psi in my tires. It is not very precise. It will let me know if a tire is seriously leaking, such as down in the 25-30psi level or lower, never happened so far. When first leaving home it might read 31.9 both fronts and 34.9 both rears or slightly less. 10 minutes later it might read 31.9 front L and 33.4 front R or visa versa, then 10 minutes later 33.4 both fronts. Same type of psi variations as the tires heat up, front and rear, and at varying speeds. Usually after extended driving the psi will be the same on both sides and 3psi more in the rear. I check my tires every 1-2 weeks.

I agree that TortiousTroll might want to check the accuracy of his current tire guage, before presuming the TMPS is off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Since I live in a state with ever changing temperatures, temp sensors are extra important to me. I hate having to drive in the cold to a gas station and adjust my tire pressure.

Coincidentally I saw this in my news feed today, a discounted portable digital air compressor for cars, hope it does the job well.

https://www.thrifter.com/tacklife-digital-tire-inflator-air-compressor-pump

$13.98 after coupon
Use Coupon: 3HYPY8HO

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
402 Posts
Went to a tire store today even though I used an analog and a digital guage, and, yup, the TPMS really is 7lbs off
I'd bring it in to get it fixed. It shouldn't be off by that much. Like other said, should be within 1-2 lbs. While it is a "convenience" feature and the manual will tell you not to "rely" on it, you paid for it, and it should work.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Since I live in a state with ever changing temperatures, temp sensors are extra important to me. I hate having to drive in the cold to a gas station and adjust my tire pressure.

Coincidentally I saw this in my news feed today, a discounted portable digital air compressor for cars, hope it does the job well.

$13.98 after coupon

https://www.amazon.com/TACKLIFE-Compressor-Flashlight-Different-Inflatables/dp/B0778RMTS6/
Very helpful. Thanks for sharing. Just got one. Have a crafstman version that is somewhat cumbersome. I'll keep that in the garage and this in the car. I too live in an area that has cold weather, and often varies 30 degrees in a day this time of year.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts

$13.98 after coupon

https://www.amazon.com/TACKLIFE-Compressor-Flashlight-Different-Inflatables/dp/B0778RMTS6/
I got a compressor from Harbor Freight that I much prefer to a cigarette lighter inflator. While it's not portable, it offers more power and versatility.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have had a little cigarette lighter compressor for years, but in my stelvio order I got the "convenience package", which includes a 115 volt outlet.
which means I can take my big enough to paint cars compressor in the big enough to carry it stelvio trunk.

whoooeee!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mt TPMS is 1 psi off (too high) when I take it to the local tire shop to even them out, or use my digital gauge at home. Very accurate, and I will get a light if they move 3 psi off the correct pressure. I have great confidence in the TPMS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same issue, my right rear tire is almost always 2-4 lbs higher after a drive.
I initially thought it was due to the battery being in that area and heating up but that is just a theory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts