Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 18" wheels and tires on order to install for the winter season.
Those TPMS sensors are quite expensive, and could also get complicated if the wrong parts are ordered.

I don't really mind passing the winter months without TPMS feature,
but wondering what could the warning be like on the Giulia,
is it an annoying chime? warning on display ? or simply the orage little light on the cluster?

Best would be if there's a way to shut off the monitoring system temporarily during winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same plan. The user manual says that it may be possible to deactivate the TPMS if it is compatible with the country of purchase. Since I live in the EU, the dealer said that it is not possible to deactivate the TPMS and every time you start the engine there will be a acoustic warning and yellow light. Currently I am searching for aftermarket TPMS sensors that would be cheaper.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You could try a Mopar unit... should be significantly cheaper. I was going to go that route on my aftermarket wheels, but played it safe by using the Alfa ones.

I'm not sure if all the Alfa system needs to work is to have the TPMS sensor on the same frequency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.