Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this interfere with the parking sensors in the front?

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
It doesn't affect the sensors on my QV. I bought the mount kit from this company:

http://www.alfa9supply.com/giulia-plate-mount/alfa-romeo-giulia-plate-mount-kit

Installation of this plate can be a little confusing because you can choose different holes for mounting the back plate to the mounting bracket. The holes that you choose will determine what the offset will be in the horizontal and vertical direction. And you also need to pay attention to the ball joint to make sure that it is oriented so that the plate can be angled parallel with the bumper. If you get it backwards, then the motion in the ball joint will not allow the plate to be angled in that direction.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Alfa9 bracket as well. No issues.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Alfa 9 is well worth it. Have had for several weeks and no issues.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It can. Plan to spend a bit of time getting the position to work and look good.

Also, I had to use a thread locker as mine kept turning after a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

It seems that the consensus is the Alfa9 is recommended over the Madness frame.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello everyone,

So for the last few weeks, my front parking sensors have been going off like crazy whenever I accelerate from a full stop.

Bracket probably needs an adjustment, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dealer said that the bracket is interfering with the sensors.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If it's the Alfa 9 bracket, check the mounting screws. You may need to undo them and raise it up if possible. I just tested my Cravenspeed bracket from Eurocompulsion. I can drive without it but need it for the inspection photos. The bracket is single stamp cut with a set angle tab. One bolt mount with serrated flange. I will keep it off until inspection next month. The main bolt is too short to use on my Ferrari, sadly. So I will need to buy a Ferrari type.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also, I had to use a thread locker as mine kept turning after a few weeks.
I did Loctite Blue Threadlocker as well. Seemed like a good idea.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's the Alfa 9 bracket, check the mounting screws. You may need to undo them and raise it up if possible. I just tested my Cravenspeed bracket from Eurocompulsion. I can drive without it but need it for the inspection photos. The bracket is single stamp cut with a set angle tab. One bolt mount with serrated flange. I will keep it off until inspection next month. The main bolt is too short to use on my Ferrari, sadly. So I will need to buy a Ferrari type.
Thanks for the feedback.

I did this and it solved the problem.

Reactions: John_K_348
1 - 12 of 12 Posts