Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a license plate bracket that is easy to put on and take off.

The car will be going through car washes and from what I read, the tow hook bracket and frame could be damaged if it does go through them.

Are these easy to just put on and take off?

The plastic cover that you have to take off to insert the bracket, what do you use? A mini screw driver? Won't that scratch the paint if you keep putting it on and taking it off?

I guess if I take it off I can just leave the plastic cover off while I run it through the car wash or would it be better to cover it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts

The car will be going through car washes and from what I read, the tow hook bracket and frame could be damaged if it does go through them.

The plastic cover that you have to take off to insert the bracket, what do you use? A mini screw driver? Won't that scratch the paint if you keep putting it on and taking it off?

I guess if I take it off I can just leave the plastic cover off while I run it through the car wash or would it be better to cover it up?

Thanks
The cover piece comes off without the use of tools. Simply press hard on the upper half.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Thanks
Man,
You have asked questions about that tow hook plate holder a bunch of times now. Why not just purchase one, try it out, and see if it fits your needs. They don't seem to be very expensive. Or just ride around with a single plate and see if you get stopped, and issued a ticket. My brother was a state trooper in that area for over 25 years, and he said that he never stopped anyone or issued a ticket for a single license plate. I've also been LEO for over 20 years in a two plate state and have never written a ticket for 1 license plate. Just realize that you can't get mad if you roll with a single plate and get stopped. If you do get stopped, be nice and you will probably roll away without a ticket.

The brackets are easy to install and un-install.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had issues with taking mine off but I will try and see how it does with this method.
There is actually direction in the owner's manual on how to remove it, and it is exactly as described by the previous poster. Pushing on the top half. Mine came out quite easily doing that. The challenge, if you choose to mount a plate there, is how to remove the tiny tether that is on the the cover without damaging it. Just have to be real careful.

Reactions: kanundrum

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had issues with taking mine off but I will try and see how it does with this method.
I had issues as well.

I tried pushing the top pretty hard and it moves but doesn't come right off.

I'll try it again.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The license bracket will survive the car wash with no problem. I can attest to that. Use blue loctite on the nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is blue loctite and is it easy to apply?

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Man,
You have asked questions about that tow hook plate holder a bunch of times now. Why not just purchase one, try it out, and see if it fits your needs. They don't seem to be very expensive. Or just ride around with a single plate and see if you get stopped, and issued a ticket. My brother was a state trooper in that area for over 25 years, and he said that he never stopped anyone or issued a ticket for a single license plate. I've also been LEO for over 20 years in a two plate state and have never written a ticket for 1 license plate. Just realize that you can't get mad if you roll with a single plate and get stopped. If you do get stopped, be nice and you will probably roll away without a ticket.

The brackets are easy to install and un-install.
Agreed, getting pulled over for not having a plate is a rare occurrence.

But, get stopped for speeding or something else, and it's an easy add-on ticket for any officer.

And really, one of the biggest reasons we started with the plate kits for the 4C and Giulia is actually for cities where it's a parking ticket when the car is on the street at a meter. (Colorado!!) A typical example is situation where you are downtown grabbing a cup of coffee or at a meeting and need to park on the street, that's where it comes in handy.

For all but some sort of super aggressive car wash machine, you should be fine with it attached and going through the wash, the Giulia and 4C versions we have are very flush fit for minimal protrusion:nerd:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed, getting pulled over for not having a plate is a rare occurrence.

But, get stopped for speeding or something else, and it's an easy add-on ticket for any officer.

And really, one of the biggest reasons we started with the plate kits for the 4C and Giulia is actually for cities where it's a parking ticket when the car is on the street at a meter. (Colorado!!) A typical example is situation where you are downtown grabbing a cup of coffee or at a meeting and need to park on the street, that's where it comes in handy.

For all but some sort of super aggressive car wash machine, you should be fine with it attached and going through the wash, the Giulia and 4C versions we have are very flush fit for minimal protrusion:nerd:
I just placed and order.

Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts