Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a great article with a not-to-be-missed embedded video tour of the Giulia and Stelvio factory in Cassino, Italy. This is one of the most advanced auto assembly facilities in the world.
This video should put to rest all of the nonsense posted by the critics questioning the quality of Alfa Romeo vehicles. The investment made by FCA is truly astounding.
Maybe I'll buy instead of leasing my next one.

https://www.motoring.com.au/alfa-romeos-factory-of-the-future-110488/

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
ChiGuy thanks so much for posting. I really enjoyed the article and the video. It makes me excited about my car all over again!

·
Registered
402 Posts
The car is great. Infotainment system first class. Does not work with Apple phone's, but wait, what are those. Oh, the leading cell phone maker by US Market Share at 40%.

And those noxious smells in the cabin, just ignore them.

A great looking factory that produces duds, along with a corporation that does not care.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The car is great. Infotainment system first class. Does not work with Apple phone's, but wait, what are those. Oh, the leading cell phone maker by US Market Share at 40%.

A great looking factory that produces duds, along with a corporation that does not care.
You sure are vocal, we get people like you every now and then.
If you are not a paid troll, I would like to remind you that this is not Alfa Romeo support. This is a fan forum, and we don't care about your issues to the point that we don't want every thread to be poisoned with your negativity.
If you are a paid troll, I hope you get confined with the others soon.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry

Sorry you are so bitter about your car. I love (LOVE) Love mine.
Although there are probably better ones out there, overall the infotainment system is great. I have an iPhone as does my wife. The system works fine for both of us. I particularly like having it read my texts as they arrive, and playing my Alfa Playlist through the car's flawless Bluetooth system. Not sure what your problem might be.
As for "noxious smells", a service bulletin was released more than a year ago to address the problem a few of us were having (I was one of them). The fix was the simple, quick painless installation of a few gaskets under the hood.
Good luck.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sorry you are so bitter about your car. I love (LOVE) Love mine.
Although there are probably better ones out there, overall the infotainment system is great. I have an iPhone as does my wife. The system works fine for both of us. I particularly like having it read my texts as they arrive, and playing my Alfa Playlist through the car's flawless Bluetooth system. Not sure what your problem might be.
As for "noxious smells", a service bulletin was released more than a year ago to address the problem a few of us were having (I was one of them). The fix was the simple, quick painless installation of a few gaskets under the hood.
Good luck.
Turn your iphone off, enter the car with it off, then turn it on. Does the system pare? I doubt it. If the battery dies and you plug the phone back in, does it re-pare: nope. Should it according to the manual (and every other car Bluetooth on earth): yes. If you have a different experience, PLEASE let me know. I spent 1.5 hours at the dealer going over this with the only competent person there yesterday (took many visits to find a competent person) and no iphones pared to my or other Giulia's like they are supposed to.

The noxious odor is on a 2018. The "fix" did not "fix" anything. Even the dealer smells it (not the tech, however, he is dishonest). I get the "it's a new car smell." Well, I've had new BMW's, Audi's, Volvo, Land Rover's and rode in new Mercedes, Porsche, etc. and NONE of them make this noxious smell. I know what a new car smell is.

Not venting at you, but so you understand the frustration here. And please let me know if your iphone experience is different than what I described above.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You sure are vocal, we get people like you every now and then.
If you are not a paid troll, I would like to remind you that this is not Alfa Romeo support. This is a fan forum, and we don't care about your issues to the point that we don't wantAre every thread to be poisoned with your negativity.
If you are a paid troll, I hope you get confined with the others soon.
Are you a paid Alfa fanboy?? You sure sound like it. And your claim that their are "paid trolls"??? Really. Please get a tin foil hat.
Look at my posts. I've been very helpful to other members (i.e. what mats to get for the car and troubleshooting issues). And no, this is not a "fan forum." If someone posts something saying, "This video should put to rest all of the nonsense posted by the critics questioning the quality of Alfa Romeo vehicles," well, then I will respond. Because they do, and Alfa DOES NOT CARE. And knock it off with the "I hope you get banned" nonsense. That's your way of trying to scare those with issues off the forum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh my! My iPhone won't connect? What a disaster! Is this covered by the "lemon law"? "Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Lions, tigers and bears!"

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
can't/won't speak to fanboy or troll..will speak strictly to my experience with my car visa-vi the phone/infotainment.
I have a blackberry...yes a blackberry...and it pairs easily & quickly with my QV. not so much with my 2014 BMW X1.
The phone quality is fine, I hear well, people hear me well..only issues occur due to cell-site problems which there are some in my area. I get text messages on my screen and can respond. I have an IPhone that I still need to set-up so once that is done I will see how I am effected...
as far as the NAVI, it is good, not great, not bad, just good. it gives me 3 route options like my BMWs it spools up no quicker or slower than what I have now....
my gripe with it, is the lack of redundancy....the BMW system for myself(perhaps I am more used to it) is more user friendly. the back-up camera is small, yes, picture is very clear, but frankly I am old school, I do not really rely nor generally use the camera...I just swivel my noggin..lol
car needs some polishing IMHO, however it is not a bucket of crap or inferior to the German brands. as we are kicking a dead horse it bears mention again, the dealer network is more the issue for Alfa than the actual car...
some of us have had ZERO issues, some have had issues that were quickly resolved, some have had to have the car bought back....
I'm curious to see what MY cars & models could not have their issues addressed, an actual hard number. then compare it to the number sold/leased....
I'm sure that there are those who have experienced issues and just don't do message boards/forums, just as there are those who have been issue free so we never hear about them.
lets play nice in the sandbox :)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Turn your iphone off, enter the car with it off, then turn it on. Does the system pare? I doubt it. If the battery dies and you plug the phone back in, does it re-pare: nope. Should it according to the manual (and every other car Bluetooth on earth): yes. If you have a different experience, PLEASE let me know. I spent 1.5 hours at the dealer going over this with the only competent person there yesterday (took many visits to find a competent person) and no iphones pared to my or other Giulia's like they are supposed to.

The noxious odor is on a 2018. The "fix" did not "fix" anything. Even the dealer smells it (not the tech, however, he is dishonest). I get the "it's a new car smell." Well, I've had new BMW's, Audi's, Volvo, Land Rover's and rode in new Mercedes, Porsche, etc. and NONE of them make this noxious smell. I know what a new car smell is.

Not venting at you, but so you understand the frustration here. And please let me know if your iphone experience is different than what I described above.
While I understand your frustration, your way of venting it doesn't exactly encourage sympathy here. I'm surprised your dealer hasn't been able to help. It should have been part of the delivery process.

And for the record. My car doesn't smell (unless I am the cause), and my iPhone 6 pares, pears, and pairs. The only time it seems to fail is when remote starting, which I don't do often.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I can't help but notice the frequent use/accusation of "fanboy", as if this is a cheap tuner car forum. Alfa owners tend to be adults (well, most of them), and fairly critical adults so far as automotive issues are concerned.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Code:
Oh my! My iPhone won't connect? What a disaster! Is this covered by the "lemon law"? "Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Lions, tigers and bears!"
glad you like buying things and not getting what you paid for. Yes, it is covered by the lemon law. As well as the Magunson-Moss Warranty Act.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can't help but notice the frequent use/accusation of "fanboy", as if this is a cheap tuner car forum. Alfa owners tend to be adults (well, most of them), and fairly critical adults so far as automotive issues are concerned.
How about the accusation of "troll."

·
Registered
402 Posts
While I understand your frustration, your way of venting it doesn't exactly encourage sympathy here. I'm surprised your dealer hasn't been able to help. It should have been part of the delivery process.

And for the record. My car doesn't smell (unless I am the cause), and my iPhone 6 pares, pears, and pairs. The only time it seems to fail is when remote starting, which I don't do often.
There is one person at the dealership who seems to want to help, finally found him last night.

The pairing issue happens mostly when a battery dies, and/or when entering the car for the first time. If I enter the car with the phone off, turn it on, it does not connect to the system. It's basically a "speaker phone" through bluetooth at that point. (no contacts, can't dial from the system, etc.).

If you bought a TV, and the remote did not work, you'd want them to fix it. If they couldn't, you'd likely want a different remote, and if they refused, a new TV.

I understand the ppl who don't care about bluetooth, etc., they can ignore my posts. But if anyone has not had the issue I described I'd like to know. The people on the forum who have issues are not "trolls," or anti-Alfa. We are largely sick of not getting answers from the dealer or Alfa Cares.

·
Registered
483 Posts
@RyanC883 This forum is not affiliated with FCA or Alfa Romeo in any way, so, by all means, it's a fan forum.
Added to ignore list.

Thanks for the info about the ignore list, I wasn't aware that feature existed.

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
121 Posts
Code:
glad you like buying things and not getting what you paid for. Yes, it is covered by the lemon law. As well as the Magunson-Moss Warranty Act.
Great! Now you have options. I suggest you take one. BTW, haters will hate. That's what they do.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
There is one person at the dealership who seems to want to help, finally found him last night.

The pairing issue happens mostly when a battery dies, and/or when entering the car for the first time. If I enter the car with the phone off, turn it on, it does not connect to the system. It's basically a "speaker phone" through bluetooth at that point. (no contacts, can't dial from the system, etc.).

If you bought a TV, and the remote did not work, you'd want them to fix it. If they couldn't, you'd likely want a different remote, and if they refused, a new TV.

I understand the ppl who don't care about bluetooth, etc., they can ignore my posts. But if anyone has not had the issue I described I'd like to know. The people on the forum who have issues are not "trolls," or anti-Alfa. We are largely sick of not getting answers from the dealer or Alfa Cares.
Am I correct that it's the phone's battery that is dying? I've never entered my car with my phone off (though I have entered it with my phone left in the house or at my office), so I can't say I've experienced what you have. It's a scenario that should have been anticipated.

Alfa Cares has been responsive to my inquiries about non-random USB music. Hopefully their opening a case will yield results. Glad you found a person at the dealership.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Getting this thread back on track, how 'bout that cool Cassino plant video? Pretty impressive, isn't it?
My favorite part is the little robot car that drives parts out to the floor. Looks like the robots from Wall-E or Star Wars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts