Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else notice in their manual that it says this is a touchpad if equipped?

Wondering if anybody have a Giulia equipped with a touchpad.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have yet to find how the touch pad operates. Suspect it is not active. The M3's only works on select screens. Maybe that is the case with the QV?? If so, which screens? I read that you are supposed to be able to use the touch pad to zoom on the navigation map, but haven't found it operable.

·
Registered
242 Posts
AFAIK, the current system does not include touchpad.
That will come in later HW update, maybe 2018 models.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are videos on yt where you can see people using the touch option in a Giulia.
In EU manuals there isnt even the description.

I dont care from a practical view as I use voice recognition which works 99% of the time, bt would like to have it from a tech nerd point of view

·
Registered
359 Posts
There are videos on yt where you can see people using the touch option in a Giulia.
Good catch, I knew I had seen the touchpad being used before on YouTube as well. It is right in a video posted by Alfa Romeo USA, the narrator state that the touchpad is active in "certain situations":

So is this a currently active feature in US models, and if so, in what situations does it actually work? I suspect it would be most useful, and therefore most likely, to work with the factory navigation system... or once Apple Car Play / Android Auto get implemented (if they get implemented).

·
Registered
68 Posts
In EU manuals there isnt even the description.

I dont care from a practical view as I use voice recognition which works 99% of the time, bt would like to have it from a tech nerd point of view
I would agree with your comment, kind of weird that there is a whole section for how to use it but does not work. It would be nice to have, but not the end of the world for me. Can't miss what you never had in the first place. I don't even use the voice much, tried it the other day and it could not recognize the street name i was saying so i gave up and entered it manually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts