Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran their Guilas through one of those car washes that pushes your car through?

It is freezing here and I really need to get some dirt/stuff off my Quad.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I use a ticket car wash couple of times a week. But I do have my winter rims on the car... Not sure if I can answer the exact question. Carwash membership the way to go in Minnesota.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put mine through a touchless carwash the other day, rims survived. I only started wondering about the rims when they were already guiding me in haha... oops

·
Registered
443 Posts
You'll be fine. Most, if not all, car washes have a perfectly wide conveyor belt. I was also paranoid initially but it's not an issue. Remember that pick-up trucks and SUV's with giant, wide tires/wheels get on those as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure. My rim was scratched by the car wash conveyor belt. That was the first and last time I ever visited a carwash with my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would never use an automatic car wash especially an unattended one like at a gas station in Miami there was an incident where some Aholes tied fishing weights to those plastic strips that’s swing around the rollers that are supposed to wipe the car they have a very high rotation speed so you can imagine the damage plus I enjoy detailing my cars no one will do as good a job as the owner IMO

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
340 Posts
It's not the width of the conveyor belt that worries me; it's the height of the rail v low profile rims.

Reactions: Silverstroke

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would never use an automatic car wash especially an unattended one like at a gas station in Miami there was an incident where some Aholes tied fishing weights to those plastic strips that’s swing around the rollers that are supposed to wipe the car they have a very high rotation speed so you can imagine the damage plus I enjoy detailing my cars no one will do as good a job as the owner IMO
I only take it to the drive-through ones if it is too cold outside to hand wash. I do hand wash it myself frequently.

I ended up buying an unlimited monthly pass to a really nice place here in town. It is not a gas station one it is one of those that is ONLY a car wash and has people on sight that do scrub the harder to reach places before running you through.

Unfortunately, where I work I have to take some roads that can get really muddy the days it rains and I do not want to let that stuff sit on the car. So normally when I get off of work I spray it down and do a quick clean/dry. But when it is near freezing or less outside fuck that... lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
You could also try the spray car washes that use quarters. My detailer guy says as long as you dont use the brush tool and just the nozzle, it's fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could also try the spray car washes that use quarters. My detailer guy says as long as you dont use the brush tool and just the nozzle, it's fine.
Unfortunatly those are all but gone in my area. Being replaced by more profitable businesses.

I do have my own pressure washer though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That brush tool will never touch one of my vehicles just don’t know where it’s been 😆
Unfortunately you have to really watch the guys at the hand washing places too had an experience a while back we took my wife’s x3 to a local place I won’t name( however it’s named after Detroit’s nickname) and I’m watching the guy apply wax with an orbital he gets a call takes his phone out of his pocket and sits the orbital on the asphalt FACE DOWN puts the phone in his pocket and then grabs the orbital and starts to hit the paint with it I sprinted the 5 yards to him just in time to grab it out of his hands and show him all the little gravels stuck to the pad he just shrugged it off and we drove it home for me to remove the wax myself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts