Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything available yet for our Giulia? Just in case of a very small scratch.
I wasn't able to find an official one but maybe a reliable and accurate aftermarket product?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Order it as a part from the parts counter at your dealer. Give them the last 9 of your vin. Mine should be in in a week or so.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wait, you were able to get touch-up paint from the dealer?

Is this directly from AR or some aftermarket company?

This is news to me.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I found a Giulia specific kit on Amazon. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I'm not sure but I think it's a stick, with the old brush bottles being obsolete. I called the body shop and they referred me over to parts and we got the info and placed the order. I was told 2 weeks last week and AFAIK it should be available. Now there might be a delay if the real pipeline from Italy is backed up or not ready yet but this is what I was told. Central is moving cars so they may have good connections. There were 3 other quads listed on the site, with the Monte Carlo blue one there that I sat in before mine arrived and two more in transit. Black and Gray. ;) I drove my car in to work after lunch, and the ice melted in front of the garage. Some cat litter helped too. I have a nice drive home and cruise through town coming up :D Take advantage of the calm before the storm. We are closed tomorrow.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm not sure but I think it's a stick, with the old brush bottles being obsolete. I called the body shop and they referred me over to parts and we got the info and placed the order. I was told 2 weeks last week and AFAIK it should be available.
Keep us posted because this will be news to many of us -- that AR actually is selling touch-up paint.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
agree! My experience in buying the can is it came out flat and a bit crappy so would prefer to buy the deal deal

·
Registered
179 Posts
With Trofeo White I had an auto paint store custom match the paint. Two stages of touch up...base and a pearl. It is a very close match. With the PPF hopefully I need it very little.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
mine was missing the pearl. Stupid question but they put that in the same can right rather than a two stage spray?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve used Chip X successfully.
Or rather, my detail guy used it successfully.
I was able to find my color on their web site and ordered it. Took about a week and a half to arrive from the UK. It’s a comprehensive kit. Came with two stage colors of paint and everything to do the application. The detail guy said it’s the best kit he’s ever seen. He applied it before doing two coats of C Quartz finest coating.
I’m happy with the results.

https://www.chipex.com

I have the Rosso Competizione Tri-coat paint.

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately it seems that there is not really an exact match for the Misano Blue with all the providers you suggested and I searched online... This paint is kind of special then, hopefully something official will come out in the future. I submitted a request to the dealer last week but didn't receive a reply yet.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Anybody know the best place to source Alfa white touch up paint? Scratched the bottom of the front bumper!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Rosso Competizione Touch UP

We are getting some chip repair done by a paint repair guy and will ask to see if he can make some extra to have on hand but that is for some chips that happened in transport to the trunk lip. We did end up getting a scrap on the bottom of the front getting into our driveway. So I went ahead and ordered touch up from the Dealer to have on hand if the paint chip repair does not have extra to hand off. The part numbers for Rosso Comp Tri-coat is 06103195AA for pen and 06103196AA for the spray. I am guessing I may need to get a clear coat to go on top of the color Alfa provides. They are only charging 17 for the touch up so I am guessing it is not as good as chipex that has a kit to fill in a chip and 3 step process but this would be for inconspicuous spots underneath the car. Anything visible I would always have someone else do the paint touch up.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I’ve used Chip X successfully.
Or rather, my detail guy used it successfully.
I was able to find my color on their web site and ordered it. Took about a week and a half to arrive from the UK. It’s a comprehensive kit. Came with two stage colors of paint and everything to do the application. The detail guy said it’s the best kit he’s ever seen. He applied it before doing two coats of C Quartz finest coating.
I’m happy with the results.

https://www.chipex.com

I have the Rosso Competizione Tri-coat paint.
I tried Chipex for some scratches and it did not match that well..

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
Anybody know the best place to source Alfa white touch up paint? Scratched the bottom of the front bumper!
We have a number of the most popular colors of touch up paint in-stock, and can special order any color for you in about 2-3 days. The official Alfa touch-up paint is very nice in that it has a pinpoint paint pen, a paint brush, AND it includes a second brush with clear coat.

So far, we have:

Montecarlo Blue
Vesuvio Grey
Volcano Black
Trofeo White
Alfa Red
Rosso Competizione

Misano Blue and Silverstone are incoming.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts