1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this available yet?

If not I will order from my old reliable source:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com

Just got a knick on the trim of my door edge that is barely noticeable.

Thanks

Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Registered
576 Posts
Is this available yet?

If not I will order from my old reliable source:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com

Just got a knick on the trim of my door edge that is barely noticeable.

Thanks
Was told by my dealer that it will not be available...like ever...which is unbelievable. I’d go to your normal source.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told by my dealer that it will not be available...like ever...which is unbelievable. I’d go to your normal source.
How can any car manufacturer not provide touch-up paint?

I'll just order online.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where can I find the paint code for my car?

Not sure which white I have as there are two listed on the website.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where can I find the paint code for my car?

Not sure which white I have as there are two listed on the website.

Thanks
found it on the side of the door:

thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used them before multiple times.

Best option I have seen so far for touch-up paint.

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I saw on another post about touchupdirect.com as a source for touch up paint, and that's where I got mine from. I had a small chip on the drivers side A-pillar, just about where the rubber door seal meets the frame. It was about half an inch long and just over 1/8 inch wide. It was through the clear, metallic and base. So I bought the jar set that has all three. The paint worked great. I still need to wetsand it with 2000, clearcoat it again and wetsand again and buff it so its looks smoother. The colour/metallic is spot on. The jars come with brushes, but they are a bit overkill for the size chip I was working on. I used a couple of fine modeling brushes to put the paint exactly where it needed to go. At $27 I thought it was money well spent.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Check out dr color chip
Perfect match for Rosso Competizione. Perfectly (I mean as good as any body shop) corrected light cat scratch marks (feral neighborhood cats).

Also is working well for a couple of light stone chips on the nose. Have to do about 5-6 applications over time to get the paint at the same level so it is glass smooth. Then orbital polish and wax and better than new.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Nice. I ordered from the dealer last week. But now I also need a new steering wheel on warranty ;)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. I ordered from the dealer last week. But now I also need a new steering wheel on warranty ;)
How much does the dealer charge for touch-up paint?

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Look at the number printed on the tag on the door jam inside the drivers side door. Mine was Trofeo white tri Coat - paint code 248 not listed on that automotive touch up site.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
How much does the dealer charge for touch-up paint?

Thanks
Sheesh, I didn't actually ask but I think they gave me a figure. It wasn't more than $30-50 bucks but don't quote me. Call you local dealer and give them the last 9 digits of your VIN. That took me forever since I was on my smart phone and have the whole thing memorized. ;)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I saw on another post about touchupdirect.com as a source for touch up paint, and that's where I got mine from. I had a small chip on the drivers side A-pillar, just about where the rubber door seal meets the frame. It was about half an inch long and just over 1/8 inch wide. It was through the clear, metallic and base. So I bought the jar set that has all three. The paint worked great. I still need to wetsand it with 2000, clearcoat it again and wetsand again and buff it so its looks smoother. The colour/metallic is spot on. The jars come with brushes, but they are a bit overkill for the size chip I was working on. I used a couple of fine modeling brushes to put the paint exactly where it needed to go. At $27 I thought it was money well spent
I used TouchUpDirect and it was a failure. The paint “pen” worked poorly and the paint seems too thin. Then went with DrChip, excellent!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 2018 Giulia Alfa white. Im trying to get some touch up paint. I'm on Dr chip but it only goes up to 2017 and it says brilliant white. Is this correct?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Local dealer was nice enough to let me keep a print out of paint codes and part numbers.

Alfa white
Sales code PAH
brush/roller 06103187AA
spray 06103179AA

To be continued.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts