Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, long time;first time

left my spare key fob in my 17 giuilia for service, picked it up, and minutes later, girlfriend locked my main fob in the car too (exited, then hit the door lock without grabbing the key).

Both fobs and their analog keys are in the car. How do I get back in? Can an officer pop it open, or am I relying on a dealership that's an hour away?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,769 Posts
hey all, long time;first time

left my spare key fob in my 17 giuilia for service, picked it up, and minutes later, girlfriend locked my main fob in the car too (exited, then hit the door lock without grabbing the key).

Both fobs and their analog keys are in the car. How do I get back in? Can an officer pop it open, or am I relying on a dealership that's an hour away?
The car is supposed to recognize that the fob is inside the car and automagically unlock.
I keep my key (it is not an analog of a key, it is simply a key) in my wallet as a contingency against exactly the problem that you have described.
How would you get the car to the dealer? Tow it on dollies?

I would not trust anyone other than a knowledgeable Alfa tech to open such a car. Otherwise you are likely to end up with torn up trim or worse. It might be covered under warranty, since the car is not supposed to let this happen.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Checked the manual, and the trunk isn’t supposed to close and lock with the fob in there, but it doesn’t say the car won’t lock with a fob inside. It does suggest the fob must be in the vicinity when you try the door handle. Have you tried the button on the door? Have you tried the trunk?

·
Registered
300 Posts
The car is supposed to recognize that the fob is inside the car and automagically unlock.
I keep my key (it is not an analog of a key, it is simply a key) in my wallet as a contingency.
Yep, I did that once by mistake, luckily it immediately unlocked and beeped at me, saving me from the O.P.'s fate. And that's a great idea to keep the back-up key in your wallet! In the days before key fobs I used to keep a spare door key in my wallet as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.