Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've been lurking and learning a ton from all of your posts so first of all, thank you!

I ordered my Giulia QV on feb 14th, vulcano black, dark 5-hole wheels, drive assist, standard brake, red calipers. When I ordered some of the options, different seat stitching ect, were not available. I fondly refer to her as "Clover"

I'm obviously BEYOND excited, it's going to be my first new car purchase as well as my first car under 4 sec, 0-60. So I'm sure you can imagine my anticipation.

Like many of you, I've had some communication difficulties with my dealer. Most valuable information I've gotten has been via the live chat function. Tuesday, I found out my car is in "shipping status". The nice live chat agent said that this is where their internal tracking system ends and the dealers tracking system should pick up. Ive called, text and emailed the dealer... they typically respond in a few days, often saying, "sounds like you know more than us" Frustrating. Also leaving me feeling like I'm flying blind. Again, I wouldn't be anywhere without everything you all have shared. So thanks again!

Anyways, I've read this entire forum, from wraps, to warrantees, engine break in, software glitches, ect.

Basically, was wondering if you guys could shout out your top buying/ owning reccomendtions with the QV and with navigating the growing pains of Alfa USA.

Thanks ahead of time!!
Will post pics of Clover as soon as I meet her ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
It would be hard to repeat an entire forum worth of tips here.

I gave up on my order and found a car in stock. Driving this car is much more fun than dealing with their completely broken ordering process. My routine every Friday evening when I came home included searching Alfa dealers for cars I might like. Today is the my first Friday in many months where I don't have to do that! Last Friday I hit the jackpot.

The good news is the car lives up to the considerable hype and then some!

·
Registered
166 Posts
BTw, I ended up having to go 300+ miles away last Saturday to get one. It was a wonderful drive back.

Good luck finding Clover.

[EDIT: oops, never mind, you gave us the specs]

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I just did a search on Cars.com. 10 Rosso Comp Quads in the US. One with yellow calipers - Carbon brakes - Nope. Bright technico wheels - carbon seats - Nope. No others had yellow brakes. ONLY ONE and wrong calipers for me! I want regular brakes, regular seats and bright 5 hole wheels. 10 month build is right on schedule for me. I may not order until October if the order time is 4 months.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think 4 months is still the average but I don't think we were including Augusto when counting months. So I would say 4+1 months including August.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I think 4 months is still the average but I don't think we were including Augusto when counting months. So I would say 4+1 months including August.
I would say the August shutdown math really should be 4+2. There is not much productivity in the last 2 weeks of July or the first 2 weeks of September, IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts