Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I spent some time initiating the procedure of building a set of tools that match jobs on Giulia

I found that
- hex nuts and bolts are 7,10,13 &17
- allen bolts are 5
- torx bolts are 15,30,45,55
- philips 2 and pozidrive 2
- ZXN M10

So, if anyone has found more needed tools for any job, please add them

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Credit card?
lol ... I was thinking AAA card.

Personally, I'd prefer a small array of tools including a jack and lug wrench. But sadly, the days of being able to band-aid a small thing to get out of the woods is long gone. It is more likely that a computer malfunction will occur and we'll be stuck anyway.

In the event of a battery failure, you won't be able to open the trunk to access the tools or the battery. There are jumping posts in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

Personally, I'd prefer a small array of tools including a jack and lug wrench. But sadly, the days of being able to band-aid a small thing to get out of the woods is long gone. It is more likely that a computer malfunction will occur and we'll be stuck anyway.

In the event of a battery failure, you won't be able to open the trunk to access the tools or the battery. There are jumping posts in the engine compartment.
Yeah, even with my primitive Triumph, I tell people who ask that I restored it with my own two hands — a credit card in each one!

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Frequently band-aid is need because the owner or the dealer was using the same tools in the garage a while ago...
Also there are things you can do.
2 days ago, waiting for my wife I tuned the front hood latches and re-positioned the (inside) lever which was loose for an unknown reason.
In my previous car I had to remove the passenger's seat to find a friend's key.
Or vent the cooling system
There is always something useful to do with the proper tool.

I'll post a picture of my kit as soon as I have it ready and it will definitely include more than I mentioned in my first post

Solved
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/289-alfa-romeo-giulia-general-discussion/22538-how-unlock-your-trunk-when-battery-dead-2.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.