Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into this article below and it it is kind of frustrating to see the US will not get the 256hp variant of the Tonale.

One would think that with all other manufacturers offering more and more horse power in their vehicles AR would follow the trend. It seems they are going back in time with a smaller less powerful engine. Back to 2000s Prius territory.

· Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
10,003 Posts
Does Canada also get the hybrid?

· Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 w/ Ragazzon Exhaust
72 Posts
IMHO they did a mess with the Tonale in the US. OK, they were scared it would be a flop and they created a the Dodge cheaper clone...but it's so sad.
It's a best seller in Europe meawhile

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,714 Posts
I ran into this article below and it it is kind of frustrating to see the US will not get the 256hp variant of the Tonale.

One would think that with all other manufacturers offering more and more horse power in their vehicles AR would follow the trend. It seems they are going back in time with a smaller less powerful engine. Back to 2000s Prius territory.
The PHEV makes more HP/TQ than the ICE...even more than Giulia/Stelvio.

PHEV 285 hp 350 lb-ft, 0-60 = 6 sec.
2.0L 256 hp 295 lb-ft

· Registered
4,428 Posts
These are the two models available in the US Alfa Romeo Pre-ordering configurator. They're the 285 Horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque Hybrid models with estimated 30 miles on a single electric charge and estimated 320 miles total range. We do not want 256hp cars, even if it is 100% ICE.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

· Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
10,003 Posts
More power and slower?

Reactions: Jvincetti

· Registered
72 Posts
6 seconds 0-60 for a hybrid is 2006 Nissan Sentra numbers.
It's still a Compass beneath :)
The next B suv aims to be cheaper - around 25k€ - so we shouldn't expect to see anything astonishing. I guess the era of the combustion engine is over.
Let's just hope that the new Giulia, based on the Stla Large platform, is a nice car to drive :)

· Registered
5,715 Posts
Sold. Alfa Romeo won't produce cars anymore unless they have been already sold. Imparato communicated that at the beginning of his new role.
Also the dealers will be almost abolished
I’m not sure how accurate this article is. I’ve never heard of it before. But they show a big difference in sales for tonale.

· Registered
72 Posts
I’m not sure how accurate this article is. I’ve never heard of it before. But they show a big difference in sales for tonale.
Interesting, I found many articles reporting ~20k

· Registered
4,428 Posts
Sold. Alfa Romeo won't produce cars anymore unless they have been already sold. Imparato communicated that at the beginning of his new role.
Also the dealers will be almost abolished
It's called Produce To Order. The Produce To Order together with Standardization and Simplification are huge savings in the supply chains and manufacturing. Again, it does not mean savings to the customers but, it means costs reductions in the manufacturing and supply chains which, normally, help the financials of the companies. Having millions of dollars in inventory at the parking lots to then, sell those cars with $10K off must stop. I do not think dealers will be abolish. The sales people/offices/Dept of the few dealers remaining in the US may be but, I hope good technically capable and great customer service few dealers will continue to exists.

· Registered
4,428 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Ordered or sold? I ordered a C8 Zo6 and when it was time they sent me a letter with all the BS markups so I didn’t purchase. How many of these orders are final sales
80% probably coming directly from sales

Sorry if it's in Italian but it can be easily translated with Google. As also mentioned above, the build to order will change the relations among the consumer, the dealer - now similar to an agency - and the car maker

· Registered
72 Posts
I do not think this article will be very popular in this Forum. People here do not like the "... Alfa Romeo Tonale ha già superato le 20.000 unità ordinate in Europa .." or the "... Alfa Romeo Tonale: vendite record in Europa..."
I think it's still early for official numbers from trusted sources..

1 - 20 of 73 Posts