Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was coming out of the store today walking behind some late-20s maybe 30ish year old hippies.
One of them saw my car and got extremely excited. "is it? is it? ooh ooh ooh it is! It's an Alfa Romeo. Isn't it sooo beautiful [motioning his hand past the rear of the car like one of Barker's Beauties on the Price is right]?

I popped the trunk to put my groceries in and he's all like "man is this yours? It's so cool. My dad has a 1984 GTV 6".

He took a couple of pics to show his dad.

the only reactions I ever really got with my BMW were ******* d-bags at the gas station who would try to point out that I was some kind of moron for putting diesel into my BMW. Until I pointed out that in fact it was a diesel. then they were just dumbfounded.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
No hippies!

Was coming out of the store today walking behind some late-20s maybe 30ish year old hippies.
Very nice. I enjoy all the attention the car gets too. I had some guy in a Camaro just about knock his girlfriend off her seat he nudged her so hard when he spotted my Giulia.
But FYI they are no longer called hippies. It's 2017. They prefer to be called hipsters.

·
Registered
170 Posts
But FYI they are no longer called hippies. It's 2017. They prefer to be called hipsters.
LOL. Nope, two seperate classes still, the latter just has slightly more money and likes to spend it on 'smashed avo'.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Yes, hippie chicks are a lot less clean than hipster chicks.

A hard learned lesson...
Be-careful with that one....that isn't a general rule I would follow. :laugh:

Reactions: neiltyme

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Other clues

A hard learned lesson...

And just to get this thread back on topic, hippie chicks drive their Giulia's in "D", because they are fleeing the police.
Hipster chicks drive in "A" to save the planet.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

A hard learned lesson...
But a tough one to prove...it seems hipster chicks, like female dwarfs, seem extremely rare simply because they have beards too.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Way back in my days, they were called beatniks!

However, I'm still learning. Last week a nice young guy stopped by my parked Giulia and said: Hey man, bad ride! :D

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
out to dinner with my wife the other night and we could see the car from our table. 90% of the people passing it were checking it out and taking pictures. Got to talking to some of them and they were glad to have finally seen one in person.

Reactions: ChiGuy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts