Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I wonder how much installation costs would be.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm thinking of this exact same question. Though I do plan on driving the QV in the winter so I have reservations.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I say drop it!

There are a few options out there now. This is my car on the Eibach Pro-kit. Love the way it improves styling while maintaining the smooth ride of the Giulia.

I am installing the KW V3 coilover system next week and I will let you know how it performs compared to stock and compared to the Eibach springs.

I always think cars come from the factory with a little too much wheel gap. So I lower everything..

Attachments

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thats my question too, Limits wheel travel and the wheels bottom out too soon.
Truth is I bought a brand new 2015 STi Launch Edition and took it to the track ( I still have videos of it on Youtube) as soon as I signed the papers......
It worked great, wonderful feel, I really liked the way it handled.......

My buddy convinced me to lower the car and "stiffen" it up...... well I took it to the track to check out the improvements....... it handled so bad that I was so disappointed that I traded it in for a 911......

Moral of the story....... don't mess with it just to make it look "cool", you will regret it if you have any track experiences whatsoever........

Just my humble opinion.....

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Truth is I bought a brand new 2015 STi Launch Edition and took it to the track ( I still have videos of it on Youtube) as soon as I signed the papers......
It worked great, wonderful feel, I really liked the way it handled.......

My buddy convinced me to lower the car and "stiffen" it up...... well I took it to the track to check out the improvements....... it handled so bad that I was so disappointed that I traded it in for a 911......

Moral of the story....... don't mess with it just to make it look "cool", you will regret it if you have any track experiences whatsoever........

Just my humble opinion.....
But why would you trade your STI for a 911 if you "really liked the way it handled" stock? Why wouldn't you just switch back to stock from lowered? Its definitely cheaper than replacing the car lol. You have to keep in mind that changing suspension on a car is not a permanent thing. If you dont like it you can always return back to stock. I wouldn't trade in my car because of it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
the Q4, despite its wheel gap, still feels really low. I've already scraped the bottom front on several occasions (driveways, cement blocks, etc) and for that reason alone will not be lowering. The biggest reason to lower is improved handling and since this thing is already well designed from a handling standpoint, looks alone just doesn't justify it for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I do feel like it handles great on slower speed turns but higher speed it rolls quite a bit. They could be attributed to soft sway bars but I plan on upgrading in steps to minimize that roll. I have a Q4 so I'm patiently waiting for Q4 specific springs to come out. Hopefully sooner than later.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
the Q4, despite its wheel gap, still feels really low. I've already scraped the bottom front on several occasions (driveways, cement blocks, etc) and for that reason alone will not be lowering. The biggest reason to lower is improved handling and since this thing is already well designed from a handling standpoint, looks alone just doesn't justify it for me.
Same here. The pain to feel it scrape versus the look is still too great.

·
Registered
529 Posts
you will regret it if you have any track experiences whatsoever........
I lowered my Giulia, I also track mine.

I have zero regrets -- on the contrary, the car NEEDS some additional camber so it'll corner better, which is exactly what happens when you lower it. More camber, better handling.

On the flip side, you gotta be a little more careful over speedbumps and driveway entrances.

For reference, I live in Vegas, where the roads are virtually pot-hole free. Drove the car in LA and while it wasn't bad -- if I had to live in that **** hole, I'd reconsider lowering the car. Drove to SLC, rode like OEM.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts