Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
People typically debadge to give their car a different look to help distinguish theirs from all the others of the same type. The Giulia is so distinct it doesn't need that. In fact in my mind it would be a sacrilege to debadge this beautiful car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been an ardent believer in debadging for symmetry, but I'm not sure with the Giulia. Thoughts?
Debadging is best, but I contend the Giulia gets a free pass -- a name tied to the birth of the sport saloon and now applied to the newest incarnation. It is still marketing, but far more interesting and attractive then a Madison Avenue-generated alpha-numeric code.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Lots of good ideas. I always thought debadging was done more to clean up the car especially to emphasis the lines, or make more of what lines there were. Often cars were "busy" with all kinds of trim and such and that's why debadging was popular. You decrease the "decorative" aspect of the car and put more emphasis on the "form."

·
Registered
527 Posts
Always debadge, except for the brand name.

Badging on cars is like a beautiful painting, with the painter's big sloppy signature on it.
Imagine the Mona Lisa with "da Vinci" plastered across 1/8th of the quarter of it.
Alice Eve in a red dress, with a dumb name badge, would take away from the overall beauty.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
But what about hood ornaments on chrome classics? Aha! Rolls Royce makes them retractable :D

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,723 Posts
Always debadge, except for the brand name.

Badging on cars is like a beautiful painting, with the painter's big sloppy signature on it.
Imagine the Mona Lisa with "da Vinci" plastered across 1/8th of the quarter of it.
Alice Eve in a red dress, with a dumb name badge, would take away from the overall beauty.
A good artist works their signature into the design.
What I don't like about badges on cars is:

1) Raised letter badges trap dirt and make washing and waxing the car more difficult.

2) Chrome letters on white paint simply looks silly.

3) Once in a while badges fall off, leaving an ugly discolored area where the badge once was.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I think I would remove any badges which might make people think its an Audi Romeo.... although it would be pretty funny to have an Audi Q? owner call one a poser

·
Registered
25 Posts
Qv444... can you do custom license plates in Germany? Or was that an amazing coincidence
Yes, you can, but there are some restrictions. In Würzburg city (county) there are only 2 letters combined with three numbers or one letter with three numbers possible. Costs 20.- Euros extra.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Didn't the German Mercedes crowd give us this practice, where I could buy the bottom of the line 190 or 300, and then debadge it and nobody knew what I had? Basically hiding the fact that I might be a cheapskate?
Personally, I'd never do it to the Giulia, but I'm thinking that flat black Plasti-dip treatment might look good on my Vesuvio Grey.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts