Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a good......old fashion handbrake....... that would really complete the car........ for all occasions and turns.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dai Nicola.......si può sempre sognare!......:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I for one am glad mine doesn't have a handbrake... keeping my eye on you.. ;D
:grin2: don't worry, where we are going there are no hairpin turns in need of a handbrake....just very fast sweepers with concrete walls in its close periphery.......>:)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
:grin2: don't worry, where we are going there are no hairpin turns in need of a handbrake....just very fast sweepers with concrete walls in its close periphery.......>:)
in fairness they do say to bring a change on clothes.. now I know why ;)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
a good......old fashion handbrake....... that would really complete the car........ for all occasions and turns.....
I agree, but I am used to the electronic style ones. My biggest complaint is more so the godawful shifter that took me far too long to understand, but not a big deal.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have a feeling that when we all have the Quads it will be a lot of fun. Premonizione.

Shall we start a NE quad club?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a feeling that when we all have the Quads it will be a lot of fun. Premonizione.

Shall we start a NE quad club?
I second that!
Of course I won't have my Q for a while, so I would have to come to the meetings and admire yours......:grin2:

In all honesty, I think we should all have a track event together this year......
Myself and FNM will "test the waters" (and his Giulia:grin2:) at Palmer on May 20.....
(Woops the cat is out of the bag, now he has post videos..... LOL)

There will be more track events in August and September if anyone else is interested in joining with their Alfa in the North East tracks.....

Auguri a tutti!

Reactions: inikkor

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plan on doing some E-Brake Turns Dottore!?
In life you never know when necessary....... now I am stuck to just doing the Scandinavian flick/Pendulum turn instead.......>:)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Personally I'm still wishing & hoping for a factory boost gauge.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here are my ultra picky requests....

- DEFAULT Start/Stop system to OFF

- ADD a seat belt vertical adjustable slider mechanism....so taller drivers can adjust the shoulder belt source at the B-pillar higher.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,714 Posts
I'm surprised that the DOT even allows an electronic ebrake. In the event of a catastrophic electric failure you need something mechanical to wrestle the car to a stop.

I would also like to see a "hard cutoff switch" for the engine; perhaps a dead-man solenoid on the fuel line?

What about a manual transfer lock? When driving on nothing but snow and/or ice a reactive system means a lot less control over the vehicle compared to a locked system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carplay

Surround backup camera

Ability to open exhaust valves in dynamic driving mode

Acurate ETA from dealers when placing an order. :)

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I'm surprised that the DOT even allows an electronic ebrake. In the event of a catastrophic electric failure you need something mechanical to wrestle the car to a stop.

I would also like to see a "hard cutoff switch" for the engine; perhaps a dead-man solenoid on the fuel line?

What about a manual transfer lock? When driving on nothing but snow and/or ice a reactive system means a lot less control over the vehicle compared to a locked system.
Alfa is not the only auto maker who uses the electronic e-brake in the US. BMW does on their 5/6/7 series...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alfa is not the only auto maker who uses the electronic e-brake in the US. BMW does on their 5/6/7 series...
Porsche 991s had them since 2012 (that is why the like the older 997 better)
Audi has electronic e-brake also....

The manual hand brake is a thing of the past unless you get a Subie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts