Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the QV really as good as every review makes it to be?

(I am looking for any possible excuses to justify my waiting for MY18 :smile2:)

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Yup, it does everything you could ask of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
You know it!

Most of the vloggers and magazines rate it at a higher performance potential than the competition. Believe what you hear...:smile2:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I will say the following. I currently have 4500 miles on the car, there has not been a time where I am driving the vehicle and I am not smiling like an idiot from cheek to cheek. If the weather is nice, I have a pair of shades and some kick ass music blasting even while in stop and go traffic I am still a happy camper. Nothing quite like the feeling of this car and I have driven a lot of other cars which includes a 458 italia and a Huracan.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts

Must be so painful waiting... poor thing. I'll park on the hill at LRP with the sun rising glistening down on it. You can imagine it's a QV... ;)

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Salve Dottore,
Pazienza, Pazienza.....I will be in Boston soon, drive the car...and you decide for yourself....
I have had many fast saloons in my garage at one point or another...still have the E39 M5.....and the QV is without a doubt the best of the breed so far....the only caveat will be reliability and only after at least a couple of years will anyone truly be able to comment...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

Getting a test drive in a Quad may not be possible, but you can certainly put some miles on a Ti and use that as a base. I put about ten miles on a Giulia Ti and fell in love. I had the rare opportunity to take a Quad around the block, so I did. Can't tell much in such a short drive really, except that it is deserving of a much longer test drive. A Ti with more power??? Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about.

Keep in mind, it's still a four door sedan. But it's nicest driving saloon I've ever driven. It puts you, the driver, in the driver's seat. How many big sedans can you say that about, new or old?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Must be so painful waiting... poor thing. I'll park on the hill at LRP with the sun rising glistening down on it. You can imagine it's a QV... ;)
I have this funny suspicion that you are not kidding.......:wink2:

Salve Dottore,
Pazienza, Pazienza.....I will be in Boston soon, drive the car...and you decide for yourself....
I have had many fast saloons in my garage at one point or another...still have the E39 M5.....and the QV is without a doubt the best of the breed so far....the only caveat will be reliability and only after at least a couple of years will anyone truly be able to comment...
MDriver, first of all, I truly appreciate your offer and can't wait to meet you, but I would never drive your QV, I would just want to sit in it, listen to it's exhaust note, maybe get a ride around the block and slowly fall in love with it ..........
If I get to drive it, it will be game over and impossible for me to wait for the '18......:crying:

A presto!

Reactions: kanundrum

·
Registered
576 Posts

It really is a great value vs M3 or C63s, plus it outperforms them. Hard to argue with that value proposition. Love mine and have no regrets about assigning my M3 lease a year early.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts

MDriver, first of all, I truly appreciate your offer and can't wait to meet you, but I would never drive your QV, I would just want to sit in it, listen to it's exhaust note, maybe get a ride around the block and slowly fall in love with it ..........
If I get to drive it, it will be game over and impossible for me to wait for the '18......:crying:

A presto!
Nope your going to be Pilota for a day....only way to really know...besides I believe that cars like these should be shared and driven....if it were not for the largess of others I would never have been able to drive Ferrari's, Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin and recently a wonderful Bentley...
keep the faith!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope your going to be Pilota for a day....only way to really know...besides I believe that cars like these should be shared and driven....if it were not for the largess of others I would never have been able to drive Ferrari's, Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin and recently a wonderful Bentley...
keep the faith!
M, first I had to look up the word largess (english being my second language and everything), and visto che insisti, I don't want to offend your generous offer to allow me to pilot your beast so..........

what is more convenient for you, Lime Rock or Watkins Glen?:grin2:

Scherzi a parte, I look forward in meeting both of you.......

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
M, first I had to look up the word largess (english being my second language and everything), and visto che insisti, I don't want to offend your generous offer to allow me to pilot your beast so..........

English is my first and only language ... and I too had to look up 'largess'.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Dev'vai'a, Spalanca! :D

And the torque converter ZF is probably better long term DD than a Ferrari F1.

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
**** you're working me out already :D Keeping an eye on that weather for bright sunshine... I'll stream some monk music too for further experience... i'm putting a lot of thought into this >:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
**** you're working me out already :D Keeping an eye on that weather for bright sunshine... I'll stream some monk music too for further experience... i'm putting a lot of thought into this >:)
Definitely bring the sunshine....... but don't worry about the music since it is an unmuffled race at LRP and you know how loud those Porsches can get.......

To find me, look for the Spec Boxster in my avatar........

I think you'll enjoy the event!

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Mi fai ridere!!

LOL....... hence why I call MDriver "Professore"!:grin2:
all you guys crack me up!....English is not my first language either...only when I went to elementary school they did not call it ESL...
the Sister's called it something else:p...spoke with an accent until I was in my early teens....
as far as the big words...well my parents always stressed education...so they sent me to college & law school...LMAO...
imagine my poor parent's when they learned I wanted to be a Chef! and own a restaurant like my family before me!...
at any rate...Dottore...we shall terrorize the streets of Boston first :p....and then LRP and NJMP are on the list...I have not tracked a car since 2010 as life & circumstances always seem to happen...
alla prossima
M

1 - 20 of 47 Posts