Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I was looking for some feedback from people out there that own a QV and either own or have owned a 4C. I currently have a QV and love it, not interested in selling it and I also own a E46 M3 6 speed... I am looking to possibly sell the M3 and pick up a 4C and will only look to drive it 1K miles per year and a weekend fun car. If you own or have owned a 4c, can you provide some thoughts on the car and let me know if its redundant to own a QV and a 4C?

I would have posted this on the 4C forum but figured I would get a bit of a bias opinion. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Different kind of car. Get a tune and it will be rewarding in the twisties. Maybe put some wider rubber under it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,617 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 4C, but I love the E46. If you're the only owner then I wouldn't sell that. Unless maybe to me of course. JK, wish I had space for more than 1 car but I'm already luckier than most to have a private garage in NYC so can't complain

Reactions: Marmaduke

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2019 QV, which has been my favorite car. I’ve owned Audi B8 S4 (manual), Audi S5 cabriolet, BMW one, BMW 3 series and a Mercedes c43 AMG. By far, the QV is a far more enjoyable driving experience.

And then I bought a 4C spider 2 months ago. I drive it every weekend and love it. I think I do enjoy it more than the QV, but it’s simply a different, more raw, experience.

The QV is faster, but the 4C is more visceral.

I suggest you go test drive one - find someone near you that has one. And act fast. They are no longer made, making them a finite/scarce resource. They have been going up in price significantly over the past year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The 4C is great, but if your budget will allow, then perhaps consider an Emira if it is a weekend fun car you are after.
This ^^. I saw the Emira today at the presentation at the local dealer. Stunning, and in a different league. That said, a deposit today puts you in line for a 2023 delivery.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I purchased both the QV and the 4C in the summer of 2017 and have over 30,000 miles on each car. As mentioned they are two very different cars. The QV is my daily driver. The 4C is like driving a big go kart and always a blast to drive. The QV is exceptional on the freeway but like so many high horsepower cars today it is too powerful to drive hard on the street. The 4C on the other hand is just the perfect weight and horsepower to drive hard on the street and be fun at the track.

A few months ago I bought a second 4C, but it was an impulse decision and I need to sell it. It shows how much I like the car though.

Jeff

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't have a QV, just a Ti Sport. My brother however has a 4c and I got to spend some quality time both riding in it and driving it as I was debating getting one. It was a lot of fun but I opted out of getting one right now. Maybe if I was younger... I love the sport seats in my Giulia but I found the seats in the 4c very uncomfortable with them cutting into my thighs. I'm not a giant so I can only guess how uncomfortable they would be for bigger people. It was also a rough ride so I would definitely not want to drive/ride in it on a longer trip. That said, I don't think it would be good for a day of out running errands either since it isn't the easiest to get in and out of and the lack of power steering makes parking a bit more of a challenge for someone weaker like me. My brother said he's used to steering so it doesn't bother him. He said he pretty much drives it when he just feels like going for a drive in it or the occasional drive to work just because he hasn't driven it for a while. I think you definitely should spend some time in one, not just a short test drive but park it a few times, get in and out of it a few times, and of course drive on some winding roads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In response to a few of your statements:

I am 6’ 2”
I am 74 years old
I have driven the 4C 10 hrs in a day

Jeff
Maybe your seats don't cut into your thighs as much as his standard seats do? Regardless, I don't think I'd want to be in that car 10 hrs in a day! We were out for about half a day and that was plenty for me and I'm two decades younger than you. :) Glad you enjoy yours!

·
Supporting Vendor
697 Posts
We have both a 4C and a QV and they are very different but they do compliment each other very well.

Without a doubt, the QV (or any Giulia) is a better developed and more refined car. The 4C is raw and always wants to go fast. It never settles down which is what makes it so fun. It's a workout in the twisties and you get a sense of accomplishment after driving it hard much like a lot of "old school" exotics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, figured I would post an update and let everyone know that I really appreciate their feedback and thoughts!

4C Update: I went a drove a 4c and enjoyed the car but it did help me make up my mind to NOT get the 4c. I didn't mind the "raw" feel of the car etc but just didnt see myself replacing my M3 with it.

Final Decision: I put a deposit down today for a Lotus Emira. I am expecting delivery sometime towards the end of 2022 or early 2023 so I will enjoy the M3 for another summer. A few people suggest the car and frankly had been looking at it for a while so I pulled the trigger after my 4c experience.

Looking forward to it and, again, appreciate everyones help and feedback.

Hey everyone! I was looking for some feedback from people out there that own a QV and either own or have owned a 4C. I currently have a QV and love it, not interested in selling it and I also own a E46 M3 6 speed... I am looking to possibly sell the M3 and pick up a 4C and will only look to drive it 1K miles per year and a weekend fun car. If you own or have owned a 4c, can you provide some thoughts on the car and let me know if its redundant to own a QV and a 4C?

I would have posted this on the 4C forum but figured I would get a bit of a bias opinion. Thanks for any help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts