Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

341 - 344 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You clearly have no first hand knowledge of Corsas. That’s pretty obvious. Where exactly did you run them? You are a keyboard warrior. In other words on this topic you are irrelevant.
They were on the car when I bought it and I ran them in Alabama. They are still sitting in my garage and I might throw them back on there when the Toyos are bald. I did not say there unusable.

It's not that deep lol. Obviously you love the Corsas. I did not like them. Thought they were shit. Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

For a 60 treadwear tire and the money I just personally think you can get better tires.

·
Premium Member
2018 QV
80 Posts
Guess I don't have to change but everyone here says how horrible the Corsa's are. Plus I was hoping to improve on the dry traction since I have a problem with that.
Personally, I really like them so far. I have pulled (per the car's g-meter) >1G on exit ramps with them, no butt pucker or greasy feel. In my experience they tell you exactly what they are doing and are very analog in that they don't immediately go from traction to no-traction.
I've had and absolutely love PS4S on other cars, not on the QV though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm open to whatever but I seem to easily lose traction when accelerating hard in 1st & 2nd gear. It might be that I just don't have enough heat built up in the Corsa's?

I took the car to a 1/4 mile track last September and had a difficult time there to but track wasn't exactly hot since it was in the evening. Also, I wasn't heating them up in the burnout box either but most likely would of done better if I did.

·
Premium Member
2018 QV
80 Posts
...I seem to easily lose traction when accelerating hard in 1st & 2nd gear.
I do as well but my Jag XFR also did with PS4S, I just attributed it to 500hp + RWD. :D
I think without full-on wrinkle wall slicks it's going to happen.

While we're talking tires, my only gripe with the Corsas is that they seem to enjoy looking dirty and dull. I have tried my two go-to tire dressings and both only last a couple days. #firstworldproblems

341 - 344 of 344 Posts