Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

321 - 340 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Only relaying what the Michelin rep told me on the phone in case it is useful to others.

Of course the rep I talked to could have been wrong as Michelin clearly gave you different info. Hopefully any delay will get worked out and we'll see the tire in stock before too long :).
I'm sure they will eventually get their act together. It's not a new tire at all. It's already available in Europe but it needs the US DOT markings to be sold here. Bureaucratic nonsense.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, it is strange that they would add this size to their website and not plan to sell it soon. I had just checked the US site earlier this week and this size was not listed then. Would be great if it was available soon! I don’t wanna put my set of Corsas back on this year.

·
Registered
F150
32 Posts
The information about the rear fitment Pilot Sport 4S is incorrect. According Michelin the 285/30/19 is not in production yet for the US.
Call any tire dealer - Tirerack or Discount Tire for example and they will confirm that tire is not available to them. I spoke to Michelin today who said that the pandemic has resulted in product launches being delayed. There is no revised launch date available for the 285/30/19 yet .
Remember, just because you saw it on the internet, it does not guarantee that it is true. In fact 99% of info online is garbage IMO
Just get the 295 instead. It fits perfectly and does little to degrade the speedo accuracy due to the slightly taller size. Total tire plus wheel height increases by less than a quarter of an inch of less than 1%
I rather wait for 285 -- seeing autofanatic put on 295 I am personally not a fan of the look.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello guys!

Does anybody use F:255/35ZR19 and R:295/30ZR19 tires?
Does they fit without any problems?
Does somebody have photos how they fit?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello guys!

Does anybody use F:255/35ZR19 and R:295/30ZR19 tires?
Does they fit without any problems?
Does somebody have photos how they fit?
Can confirm the back size fits just fine. I have head that size also fits on the front fine but stuck with the 245s in the front myself.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Same here. Hopefully soon! 🤞🏼
Called Michelin’s customer care number. They checked their system and said they showed 1 285/30ZR19 at one of their US warehouses...but it was “spoken for”. They said they didn’t see any open orders for new product coming in, so it would be at least a few weeks until the possibility had more.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
131 Posts
Not sure if someone answered this, but are the 4S’s better? How does it compare to the PSS on the QV?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in need of rear tires on my 2017 QV as my Pzero Corsa's are practically slicks. I see a lot of people are really liking the Pilot Sport 4S... Are these excellent dry traction tires?
All I care about is dry traction in warm weather, nothing else! I don't drive it in the rain or cold weather, it gets stored from mid October to May 1st.
What are some other tires I should be considering for excellent dry traction in mild weather.
Sorry, I didn't read every post, only the last 4 or 5 pages.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm in need of rear tires on my 2017 QV as my Pzero Corsa's are practically slicks. I see a lot of people are really liking the Pilot Sport 4S... Are these excellent dry traction tires?
All I care about is dry traction in warm weather, nothing else! I don't drive it in the rain or cold weather, it gets stored from mid October to May 1st.
What are some other tires I should be considering for excellent dry traction in mild weather.
Sorry, I didn't read every post, only the last 4 or 5 pages.
I am running the Toyo R888Rs. 295 rear. Excellent dry summer tires.

Reactions: MinnQV

·
Premium Member
2018 QV
80 Posts
I'm in need of rear tires on my 2017 QV ...
All I care about is dry traction in warm weather, nothing else!
Stick with the Corsas then. You'll get at least 10k street miles on them and they are a DOT R. Why switch?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stick with the Corsas then. You'll get at least 10k street miles on them and they are a DOT R. Why switch?
Guess I don't have to change but everyone here says how horrible the Corsa's are. Plus I was hoping to improve on the dry traction since I have a problem with that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guess I don't have to change but everyone here says how horrible the Corsa's are. Plus I was hoping to improve on the dry traction since I have a problem with that.
Yea the Corsas are garbage. Get the Michelin 4S. Way more mileage and better traction.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If Everyone jumped off the roof, would you? Seriously, Everyone is mostly an idiot for thinking that Everyone's opinion and factors are the same for Everybody else. You have to be comfortable with your own choices for your own reasons. If you don't have nasty wet weather to deal with and drive in mostly dry, warm conditions, like we have in S. Cal, the Corsas are pretty amazing.
I doubt that I'll switch when the time comes. So far they are sticky and predictable and engender lots of confidence in the twisties, especially the canyon roads in S. Cal
What problem do you have with dry traction? Do you slip and slide? Can't you get enough heat in your tires? What else is a problem with your dry traction? Please be specific

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yea the Corsas are garbage. Get the Michelin 4S. Way more mileage and better traction.
You seem Schizophrenic, with respect. You state you are running Toyo tires, yet you bash Corsas and recommend PS4. How would you know that PS4 has better traction than Corsa? Under what conditions? How did you determine this data point? Seems a little odd. Seems a little troll like to me, with respect of course

·
Registered
91 Posts
You seem Schizophrenic, with respect. You state you are running Toyo tires, yet you bash Corsas and recommend PS4. How would you know that PS4 has better traction than Corsa? Under what conditions? How did you determine this data point? Seems a little odd. Seems a little troll like to me, with respect of course
I have always been a little off I'll give you that one... Not sure if Schizophrenia and not liking a tire go together but whatever floats your boat man.

I had a set of Corsas on my car and they were not good tires before I started modding the car. After modding they were even worse. Switched to a different standard street tire and did not like it so I went with some real deal tires. The Toyos.

I suggested the PS4s because they have amazing reviews and have been recommended to me by people who know way more about cars than I do.

But seriously look up the reviews and compare the 2. You will get 3x the mileage out of them and they seem to be a better tire. It's a win win.

You are way too defensive about tires my friend.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have always been a little off I'll give you that one... Not sure if Schizophrenia and not liking a tire go together but whatever floats your boat man.

I had a set of Corsas on my car and they were not good tires before I started modding the car. After modding they were even worse. Switched to a different standard street tire and did not like it so I went with some real deal tires. The Toyos.

I suggested the PS4s because they have amazing reviews and have been recommended to me by people who know way more about cars than I do.

But seriously look up the reviews and compare the 2. You will get 3x the mileage out of them and they seem to be a better tire. It's a win win.

You are way too defensive about tires my friend.
Not really. I choose the best tires for the conditions. I don't own a piece of the Pirelli company but they fit my specific needs in my specific situation, and the OPs original post says all he cared about was dry traction.
The Corsas are perfect in S. Cal. Better traction than any other street tire in dry conditions. It's basically a track tire with more rubber per sq. inch on the road. Fancy tread patterns do nothing but remove rubber from contact with the asphalt. Formula 1 dry tires have Zero tread.
And seriously, to go by reviews and recommend a tire, when you are running something else is a little weird. That's why online reviews have become basically bullshit. Personal use recommendations are valid all day long but most of the nonsense posted in so-called reviews is not from first hand experience. Also anyone who spends the money to buy a true high performance car or exotic, shouldn't really care about mileage. The car needs the best tire to perform as designed. That means sticky tires that wear fast. Otherwise get a Prius with some sort of 100,000 mile tire and you'll be happy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not really. I choose the best tires for the conditions. I don't own a piece of the Pirelli company but they fit my specific needs in my specific situation, and the OPs original post says all he cared about was dry traction.
The Corsas are perfect in S. Cal. Better traction than any other street tire in dry conditions. It's basically a track tire with more rubber per sq. inch on the road. Fancy tread patterns do nothing but remove rubber from contact with the asphalt. Formula 1 dry tires have Zero tread.
And seriously, to go by reviews and recommend a tire, when you are running something else is a little weird. That's why online reviews have become basically bullshit. Personal use recommendations are valid all day long but most of the nonsense posted in so-called reviews is not from first hand experience.
I recommend the Toyos first from personal experience. The traction is unreal. But not everyone wants to run that aggressive of a tire.

I suggested the PS4 because like I said the people who recommended them are SUPER knowledgeable about cars and tires. Lots of people agree the corsars suck ass because they do. I have ran them and can say from my personal experience they don't cut it when really pushing the car hard. That's the truth.

If they work for you and some nice easy crushing on the highway you are wasting money. Any tire will do that. Go get some cheap ass all weather 300 tread rated continentals.

If you want the best dry weather warm grip get something like the Toyo R88Rs or similar street legal tire.

If you don't want the road noise and treadwear from such a soft tire get the PS4.

If you just cruze around and stuff get whatever is cheapest and will last a long time. No sense in buying the 10k mile Corsas man. Idk why you are picking this hill to die on. They suck.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
Guess I don't have to change but everyone here says how horrible the Corsa's are.
People only say horrible bc they have poor wet performance and wear quickly; but in the right conditions they handle really well

·
Registered
447 Posts
I recommend the Toyos first from personal experience. The traction is unreal. But not everyone wants to run that aggressive of a tire.

I suggested the PS4 because like I said the people who recommended them are SUPER knowledgeable about cars and tires. Lots of people agree the corsars suck ass because they do. I have ran them and can say from my personal experience they don't cut it when really pushing the car hard. That's the truth.

If they work for you and some nice easy crushing on the highway you are wasting money. Any tire will do that. Go get some cheap ass all weather 300 tread rated continentals.

If you want the best dry weather warm grip get something like the Toyo R88Rs or similar street legal tire.

If you don't want the road noise and treadwear from such a soft tire get the PS4.

If you just cruze around and stuff get whatever is cheapest and will last a long time. No sense in buying the 10k mile Corsas man. Idk why you are picking this hill to die on. They suck.
You clearly have no first hand knowledge of Corsas. That’s pretty obvious. Where exactly did you run them? You are a keyboard warrior. In other words on this topic you are irrelevant.

321 - 340 of 344 Posts