Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

301 - 320 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious if anyone has experience running either either the Yokohama Apex V601 or Bridgestone S007A? I'm looking to get something in OEM sizing with better cool (I live in LA, so not cold) grip and less wheel hop when the Corsas wear out.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
Owners who live in snowy & cold winters, what is the tire of choice if QV is your daily driver?
Michelin Alpin pa 4 in OEM size

Check out my thread here

Reactions: Luni

·
Registered
447 Posts
They do make them now in stock
Not in the US yet?The Michelin site shows only two fires that the fit the rear of the QV - Super Sport and Alpin. No PS4
Tire rack shows PS4s with the correct front size - 245/35/19 but only 295/30/19 for the rear.
The 295 versus the 285 adds only less than a quarter of an inch in total diameter, so its essentially irrelevant. The width difference is also small 285 tire is 11.22 inches wide and the 295 is 11.61 inches wide
The 295 fits perfectly on the 19x10 wheel

·
Registered
F150
32 Posts
Not in the US yet?The Michelin site shows only two fires that the fit the rear of the QV - Super Sport and Alpin. No PS4
Tire rack shows PS4s with the correct front size - 245/35/19 but only 295/30/19 for the rear.
The 295 versus the 285 adds only less than a quarter of an inch in total diameter, so its essentially irrelevant. The width difference is also small 285 tire is 11.22 inches wide and the 295 is 11.61 inches wide
Saw video on 295 sidewall bulges little too much for my taste and where I live rocks could become a problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They're out in Europe in stock 285/30/19, give it another month or so till they ship to US/ Australia

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The 285x30's are the perfect match with the 245x35's but, I agree that a +0.8% in diameter is irrelevant. Do you like much better the PS4Ss than the PZero Corsa's?.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The 285x30's are the perfect match with the 245x35's but, I agree that a +0.8% in diameter is irrelevant. Do you like much better the PS4Ss than the PZero Corsa's?.

View attachment 108041
I don't have them yet. I'm planning on buying a set of wheels from Canadawheels.ca for the Corsas for track/dragstrip fun and then putting the MPS4s (including the 295 on the rear if the 285 is not available by the time I do this), on the OEM Tecnicos for daily driving

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going to hold you to this. :sneaky:
The PS4S is now listed in QV sizing on Michelin's US website :). Rep told me to check back in a week or two for distribution info.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The information about the rear fitment Pilot Sport 4S is incorrect. According Michelin the 285/30/19 is not in production yet for the US.
Call any tire dealer - Tirerack or Discount Tire for example and they will confirm that tire is not available to them. I spoke to Michelin today who said that the pandemic has resulted in product launches being delayed. There is no revised launch date available for the 285/30/19 yet .
Remember, just because you saw it on the internet, it does not guarantee that it is true. In fact 99% of info online is garbage IMO
Just get the 295 instead. It fits perfectly and does little to degrade the speedo accuracy due to the slightly taller size. Total tire plus wheel height increases by less than a quarter of an inch or less than 1%

·
Registered
7 Posts
The information about the rear fitment Pilot Sport 4S is incorrect. According Michelin the 285/30/19 is not in production yet for the US.
Call any tire dealer - Tirerack or Discount Tire for example and they will confirm that tire is not available to them. I spoke to Michelin today who said that the pandemic has resulted in product launches being delayed. There is no revised launch date available for the 285/30/19 yet .
Remember, just because you saw it on the internet, it does not guarantee that it is true. In fact 99% of info online is garbage IMO
Just get the 295 instead. It fits perfectly and does little to degrade the speedo accuracy due to the slightly taller size. Total tire plus wheel height increases by less than a quarter of an inch of less than 1%
Like I noted above, the tire is a new launch (for the US) and not yet available at tire dealers. Not sure what is incorrect?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Like I noted above, the tire is a new launch (for the US) and not yet available at tire dealers. Not sure what is incorrect?
What is incorrect is that it is not new to the US yet. It was scheduled for launch today April 1, but that launch is delayed indefinitely. That is what is incorrect. The information is erroneous and Michelin have confirmed that it is wrong on their site. So to tell people that they can get the Pilot 4S 285/30/19 in the US is incorrect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only relaying what the Michelin rep told me on the phone in case it is useful to others.

Of course the rep I talked to could have been wrong as Michelin clearly gave you different info. Hopefully any delay will get worked out and we'll see the tire in stock before too long :).

301 - 320 of 344 Posts