Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Pirelli's are a decent enough tire as I have a set of P-Zero's on my Maserati and I've heard the Michelin Pilot Sport is an excellent alternative. Any thoughts or suggestions for possible upgrades on the Guilia? Anyone planning on changing?

·
Registered
456 Posts
That depends on what tire comes with the wheel choice that I will pick. If it comes with a summer tire I might change it to an all season. The answer to your question also depends on where you live and what's important for you. If you live in a snowy climate and performance is important factor then you might want to consider running a dedicated winter/summer set up. If you are okay with an all season setup then I recommend checking out the Continental DSW tire. I am running that on my Audi and I am very satisfied with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Silverstroke... You make some very good points to consider. I guess I should have been more specific in wanting to know more about dedicated summer tire alternatives.
I probably will garage the Guilia for the winter as it can get pretty brutal around here. I have my "winter car" to count on which is a Volkswagen CC, which happens to have the exact same tires, (Continental DWS), as your Audi. They really are an excellent tire, highly recommended for winter driving.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know the Pirelli's are a decent enough tire as I have a set of P-Zero's on my Maserati and I've heard the Michelin Pilot Sport is an excellent alternative. Any thoughts or suggestions for possible upgrades on the Guilia? Anyone planning on changing?
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add that the Cuadrifoglio tires are Pzero Corsas, not the conventional Pzeros so all the tires mentioned here are a downgrade if dry grip is what you want. The Corsas are a very sticky tire with very low thread wear. The Michelin equivalent would be the the Pilot Sports Cup, also a near-racing tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add that the Cuadrifoglio tires are Pzero Corsas, not the conventional Pzeros so all the tires mentioned here are a downgrade if dry grip is what you want. The Corsas are a very sticky tire with very low thread wear. The Michelin equivalent would be the the Pilot Sports Cup, also a near-racing tire.
Corsas are basically track tires. No wonder they were able to get such a good 'ring time.
Corsas will wear out after ~2000 miles. Treadwear = 60. :surprise:

For reference, MSS has treadwear 300, and I can barely make a set of rears last 10,000 miles (no track/autox miles either).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pirelli TW ratings cannot be conmpared with Michelin. Each manufacture provides these simply as a guide between tyres in their range, not against other manufacturers.

For example TTW on MPSC2 is double that of AR Trofeo R (the more aggressive tyre from the Corsa). However they dont last twice as long. Infact on all our GT4 and GT3 Porsche track cars we have found the Trofeo lasts at least as long as the Cup2...

The AR Corsa for QV talking with European/UK owners that have now done decent mileage looks like it will last somewhere between the Michelin Cup2 and the Supersport.

If the car is used for fast back road drives on tight bends or on the track the wear on the shoulders of the front tyres will necessitate front tyre replacement prior to rear tyre replacement.

I would imagine for a street driven car the AR Corsa should see at least 6000 miles before need for replacement dependent on the driving style. Howver if you drive the car aggressively at the track i suspect the front tyres will need replacing within two days maximum due to the very conservative front camber that the factory provide (negative half a degree). The rear is -1.5 degrees from factory which inst too bad. Unfortunately there is no front camber adjustment on the QV. It is understood the factory choose conservative front negative camber settings primarily to reduce the wheel judder on hard lock that the ackermann effect of the suspension orientation they have chosen creates...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pirelli TW ratings cannot be conmpared with Michelin. Each manufacture provides these simply as a guide between tyres in their range, not against other manufacturers.

For example TTW on MPSC2 is double that of AR Trofeo R (the more aggressive tyre from the Corsa). However they dont last twice as long. Infact on all our GT4 and GT3 Porsche track cars we have found the Trofeo lasts at least as long as the Cup2...

The AR Corsa for QV talking with European/UK owners that have now done decent mileage looks like it will last somewhere between the Michelin Cup2 and the Supersport.

If the car is used for fast back road drives on tight bends or on the track the wear on the shoulders of the front tyres will necessitate front tyre replacement prior to rear tyre replacement.

I would imagine for a street driven car the AR Corsa should see at least 6000 miles before need for replacement dependent on the driving style. Howver if you drive the car aggressively at the track i suspect the front tyres will need replacing within two days maximum due to the very conservative front camber that the factory provide (negative half a degree). The rear is -1.5 degrees from factory which inst too bad. Unfortunately there is no front camber adjustment on the QV. It is understood the factory choose conservative front negative camber settings primarily to reduce the wheel judder on hard lock that the ackermann effect of the suspension orientation they have chosen creates...
I have 6,500 miles already on my Corsas and they seem to have another 5-6K left in them despite very spirited driving including a recent 700 mile trip at high speeds through Adirondack Park last weekend. These Corsa AR1 model tires are excellent!

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The Quads come with Pirelli Corsas...for high performance I don't think you can do better....for all season all around basic driving and still providing excellent performance driving...Michelin Pilot Super Sports...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.