Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to make life easy taking off and putting on wheels

wheel hanger set

jack pad adapter

fits, but a little a snug

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I use hockey pucks. They're inexpensive and take a lot of abuse. Hard rubber which is ideal for this use.
I cut small squares of hardwood and plywood that fit into the saddle of my floor jack and onto the pads of my twin post lift. Hardwood for frame rails and larger flat areas, and plywood for thin rocker seams.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I cut small squares of hardwood and plywood that fit into the saddle of my floor jack and onto the pads of my twin post lift. Hardwood for frame rails and larger flat areas, and plywood for thin rocker seams.
Yup, me too. I made a 'special tool' out of a 4x4 so I can jack-up my 240z. It has a round notch to fit over the floor jack and is sized correctly (about 3x3) to fit under the (rear) differential. Without that extra three inches, I can't place stands under the car. Low slung racing jacks don't have much lift, so I have to raise each end twice, alternating ends to get her up high enough to crawl around. And, I have to start at the correct end or I can't get the jack under the other end.

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
I like the pictured pencil style wheel hangars. I keep reminding myself to buy a few metal ones but have not got around to purchasing them (yet). Here's another good self-reminder. ;)

The plastic ones are kinda meh. They work. Though, it's the difference between cheap plastic vs. a real tool.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,775 Posts
I wish I could use them, mine came with run flat :( I can't wait till those NJ winters and pot holes!
Have you thought about fitting snows on less lovely wheels? You're likely to need new tires during the time you have the car, so why not make them purposeful?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The jack pad fits inside the car's jack point centering hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.