Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my Quadrifoglio tomorrow and I hear that the stock tires are way too sticky for daily use...Too soft and will wear quickly...Does anyone know if the Q4 Phone dial wheels are the same size as the Quad phone dial wheels or if the Quad tire comes in an All Season variant ?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Wheels are different sizes.

Tires are in limited supply for the stock fitment. If you go +10mm wider, the selection opens up quite a bit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Stock tyres are amazing and a big part of the QV experience. Wouldn't change them unless you had a specific use case that put them outside their operating temp range.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ....yes I would as in New York temps can fall below 7 Celsius and I will be driving to my office in that weather...so for now I'm fine.....concerned about later in the year....

·
Registered
166 Posts
I plan to do a set of all seasons in winter. I have 2 other cars that get proper winter tires in winter, and it doesn't stay that cold week in and week out here. We'll have a week at or below freezing and then maybe the next week is in the 50's or sometimes even 70's (Fahrenheit obviously). So most of our cars have all-seasons in winter even if they get summer tires rest of year.

But from April through November, I want those Corsas. I really do think those are an important part of the whole package that we're paying $40k extra for. Traction is a good thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
But from April through November, I want those Corsas. I really do think those are an important part of the whole package that we're paying $40k extra for. Traction is a good thing.
I don't have my car yet, but I'm doing some planning and budgeting. Any idea as to the cost of replacing those Corsas when the time comes?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I’m in need of a new set of tyres for my Quadrifoglio. I’ve ruled out the P Corsa - whilst they’re great, I’m fed up with all the gravel and the longevity is not great. I’ve ruled out MP4S because they don’t offer the OEM size for the rear - the 295 looks weird, I think it’s too big for the 10xJ rim. I’m considering MPSS and Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport - both are available in OEM size. The Goodyear’s recently came 1st in an 8 tyre shoot in the UK, beating MP4S.

They are also the OEM tyre on the new 911 - no doubt Goodyear paid Porsche a handsome sum for the honour!

Has anyone had any experience with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I put an OEM specs set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my 2019QV and they work perfectly OK as my daily drive, 30MPH average driving (a couple of 10 seconds 95MPH and the rest at 25-75MPH) under the Cincinnati weather. I still have the original PZero Corsas set which I will use on another set of Tecnico wheels during a couple of summers, while they last. After that, both wheels sets will have A/S tires on.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
329 Posts
The Michelin AS 3+ tires are awesome with good tread life. I've had them on my past cars as well. They come in our stock wheel sizes. I took off my Corsas as it's too cold and rainy where I live.

Btw...they are for sale if anyone is interested. Great for someone tracking their car.
Vancouver, BC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts