Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the car for a couple weeks now and just noticed that there's a wheel lock on one of the bolts for each wheel. Don't recall ever seeing a key in the glove box or trunk. I also don't seem to have the wheel safety kit (compressor kit) mentioned in the manual. When I look under the trunk floor, all that is there is the tow hook and a screwdriver. I did have the car in for updates and they changed a wheel that was damaged on delivery so I'm guessing the service dept never put the stuff back. I guess my question is where was the wheel key/adapter when the car was delivered new?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Can't answer the key question, sorry.

The Giulia and Giulia Ti come with run-flats standard. There is no inflator for these cars, just a block of styrofoam in its place. Not sure about the staggered Ti's, they might not be run-flats. I got a motorcycle plug kit and will be buying the Fiat inflator to toss back here. It runs on 12v and has tire sealer, if you really want/need it. Slime offers similar cheap 12v inflators too, at Target and such.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for the feedback. Yes, I do have the 18"Bridgestone all season runflats on the Lusso wheels. I guess all I need to figure out is what happened to my wheel lock key.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If you bought the car with the locking nuts/bolts (not sure, probably bolts), the dealer installed them and likely puts them all in the same spot. Common choices are glove box (unlikely, as it's tiny and weirdly shaped), center console, somewhere in the styrofoam insert below the trunk floor cover and the (ever popular) left on the installing technician's workbench. Have you asked your salesman where the lock key gets put? It should be part of the sales process to show you where it is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you bought the car with the locking nuts/bolts (not sure, probably bolts), the dealer installed them and likely puts them all in the same spot. Common choices are glove box (unlikely, as it's tiny and weirdly shaped), center console, somewhere in the styrofoam insert below the trunk floor cover and the (ever popular) left on the installing technician's workbench. Have you asked your salesman where the lock key gets put? It should be part of the sales process to show you where it is.
I had checked those spots with no success so I'm thinking you are spot on with the "on the technician's workbench" option. I know they had two wheels off when it was in last week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts