Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My QV is the first car that I've owned that both doesn't come with a spare (comes with a patch fill kit instead) and also comes with run flats.

My 2 questions are:
Does the patch kit only work with run flats or will they work with any tire?
Do I even need to use the patch kit on the run flats or is it only for non run flat tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought my dealer said they did. I will confirm again but I have what I believe are the standard Pirelli tires.

If in fact they don't come with run flats then I think that answers my question in that the tire patch kit will indeed work on non run flat tires

·
Registered
383 Posts
I thought my dealer said they did. I will confirm again but I have what I believe are the standard Pirelli tires.

If in fact they don't come with run flats then I think that answers my question in that the tire patch kit will indeed work on non run flat tires
The dealer may have mixed up the base and Ti (they come with runflats) with the QV, which comes with super sticky Pirelli summer tires. Enjoy em while you got em, they don't last long.

Reactions: GiuliaQV

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense then.

The reason I ask is I'm going to buy blizzak winter tires and want to make sure the patch kit will work with them

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
That makes sense then.

The reason I ask is I'm going to buy blizzak winter tires and want to make sure the patch kit will work with them
The "patch kit" is simply slime in a can. It sucks and shouldn't be used. Better bet, get a plug kit. Something like this:

Then you can plug and inflate till you can get to a tire shop to do a permanent repair. Anything slime will fix, that kit will.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts