Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ti shows 3 tires at 55 lbs and one at 48 lbs... Seems the owners manual is recommending mid 30s? Am I reading the owner's manual correctly on the mid 30s? If so, my dealer survey to Alfa USA just went down a few notches..

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have taken delivery of many new cars over the decades. None has ever had the correct tire pressure. It is always way too high.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My Ti shows 3 tires at 55 lbs and one at 48 lbs... Seems the owners manual is recommending mid 30s? Am I reading the owner's manual correctly on the mid 30s? If so, my dealer survey to Alfa USA just went down a few notches..
Yes, mine was set way too high as well (dealer should set them correctly for delivery, but they messed up) . The pressure specs are actually on the driver door jam, take a look at yours, it may vary some depends on the wheel size as well, I believe spec is 33/35 cold pressure.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine was originally set to 50lbs all around. The dealers must be lining us up for the first tire replacement in about 4-6k miles. It's like a dentist giving out Milk Duds to neighborhood kids on Halloween!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine was originally set to 50lbs all around. The dealers must be lining us up for the first tire replacement in about 4-6k miles. It's like a dentist giving out Milk Duds to neighborhood kids on Halloween!

I think there is a systematic issue with Alfa loading up the tires at factory before overseas shipment and dealers failing to check the pressure before delivery. mine was 60+ I pointed out this to my dealer, waiting to hear back on a reply.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same here, wildly overinflated on delivery. Same happened with all my previous car purchases, I do believe the theory of dealers/tire manufacturers dancing this dance to wear out tires faster, but I also believe they overinflate for transport and dealers are just not concerned with this detail once the car arrives on the lot as most consumers will never check... So why can tpms sensors warn us of under inflated tires, but not over inflated tires, ha!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do not overthink this. This problem is due to two typical American approaches to life. First, the person who does the car prep for delivery is paid minimum wage. Second, in the US is feeling if a little is good, then a whole lot more must be better. Why stop at 35 psi when you can pump those babies up to 60 or 70. After all, this is a high performance car, you don't want them to run out.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,287 Posts
im running 35 front 34 rear on a 200hp which is 100kilos lighter than your Ti as the manual suggests

onboard TPM display is very accurate apart from one tyre (excuse my Aussie spelling) sometimes being out, but then it corrects itself, usually just 0.1 Bar out

btw, my dealer had them as per the manual

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, bought my Guilia TI Q4 2 days ago. First real day of driving it was yesterday, very excited. The ride was a bit jerky and harsher than the Guilia I had test driven. Going down a freeway which was pothole free, no issues there...getting off a ramp at 30 MPH and back left wheel starts to rattle. I never had run flat tires (these are the 18" ones, I opted for a smoother riding experience) so after the initial rattling I heard nothing and the car was driving "smoothly." Pressure monitor pops up and says the back left tire is underinflated but what was more interesting was the other three tires were at 64.7 psi.

Car was towed and it's now at the dealership, tow truck came around 11pm last night as I was stranded in a part of New Jersey I hadn't been before. That was a fun experience, not even 100 miles in. Not sure how I should approach the dealership about this, the negligence cost me missing an entire meeting and really the entire day.

I would think the tire blew out because of the high psi but obviously I really don't have an idea, maybe there was a nail on the road? Who knows. Everyone, just be careful to check your psi before you leave the dealership with your car, I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Wow that sucks! Thankfully the dealer sat with me and gave me the 101 on the car which included the tire pressure section on the screen. Who the heck pumps tires to nearly 60psi! shocking

·
Registered
189 Posts
So, bought my Guilia TI Q4 2 days ago. First real day of driving it was yesterday, very excited. The ride was a bit jerky and harsher than the Guilia I had test driven. Going down a freeway which was pothole free, no issues there...getting off a ramp at 30 MPH and back left wheel starts to rattle. I never had run flat tires (these are the 18" ones, I opted for a smoother riding experience) so after the initial rattling I heard nothing and the car was driving "smoothly." Pressure monitor pops up and says the back left tire is underinflated but what was more interesting was the other three tires were at 64.7 psi.

Car was towed and it's now at the dealership, tow truck came around 11pm last night as I was stranded in a part of New Jersey I hadn't been before. That was a fun experience, not even 100 miles in. Not sure how I should approach the dealership about this, the negligence cost me missing an entire meeting and really the entire day.

I would think the tire blew out because of the high psi but obviously I really don't have an idea, maybe there was a nail on the road? Who knows. Everyone, just be careful to check your psi before you leave the dealership with your car, I wish I had seen this thread earlier.
This is clearly a systematic issue, mine was around 55+ all around, and several other in US commented as well, so I think they are factory overinflated for shipment and supposed to be reset upon landing here. I told the dealer about it,but no response or apology offered. Really stupid stuff from Alfa USA dealers.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Guess I got lucky. Mine were correct, but the dealer had filled them with nitrogen.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
Wow that sucks! Thankfully the dealer sat with me and gave me the 101 on the car which included the tire pressure section on the screen. Who the heck pumps tires to nearly 60psi! shocking
I understand many Spiders have been delivered with high tire pressure, so cars come this way from both ends of the earth. I was going through the screens with the salesperson as part of the delivery process and saw my car's pressure was in the 50s. He summoned the tech, who bled them as if he had done some many times previously. I'm not terribly concerned about it, because my car was built in March. However, I wonder about the condition of the tires on cars (yes, there are some) that have sat around for a while.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts