Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove in caravan to a car show today, my father in his 63 Giulia Spider, my wife in her (our) 17 Giulia Ti, and self in my 15 4C. My wife cut a corner to sharp getting a wheel off and into a pothole. I laughed, she waved at me. I'm thinking, "She drives like a racer, getting a wheel off on the inside, why does she refuse to take a driving school?"

We get our cars staged and have a good laugh. She says, one more time, "I might hurt the car by racing on a track!" Ok, what can I say, not much that I haven't already said. (You're safer on the track than the streets) (You'll have fun) (You're already a good driver, you'll be a better driver)

A few hours later.... a spectator says, "Hey, what's that on your tire?"

It seems that there is always one old car at these shows with a dead battery or something and a towtruck shows up. This show I only saw one tow truck.

I've already got new wheels and tires on order, so it's not a big deal. It can sit a few days.

But, it seems my dad talked my wife into taking the high speed driving school now. She found out that the 'safe' non-driving car show isn't as safe as she imagined. I had to ask, what it was that my father had said. "Oh, just that I'll learn how to avoid the pot holes better."

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Ouch! Well, no one was hurt. Not even, it seems, anyone's pride. Good attitudes, all around.

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
doh! which tires are you replacing with? Like for like as they're new or big swap? (note I have no issues with my Eagle F1s just interested) :)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have the rim protection from Mopar
No. As near as I can tell, the rim isn't damaged. There is a black mark on it, should rub out. Two other rims have been scaped (not by me) prior to this.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doh! which tires are you replacing with? Like for like as they're new or big swap? (note I have no issues with my Eagle F1s just interested) :)
Tires on order are Michelin Pilot Super Sport. 255/23x19. I have these (different size) on my 4C and like them.

Because we have the lusso package, I could not get the rims I really wanted. The car shipped with 18 inch 10 spokes. It looks nice, but...

I have the dark 5-hole Teledial on order. I'm going with a square setup, 19x9 on all four corners.

I was thinking about selling the 10 spoke wheels, but now that they're damaged I won't get enough money to matter. And only three of the tires are usable now. I'm probably just going to keep them hidden away forever. In about 40 years (long after I'm dead) they'll be valuable.

Reactions: FNM
1 - 7 of 7 Posts