Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Milano Blue Ti Sport Carbon Q2
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgive me if my understanding is lacking in regard to this. I have a 2019 Ti Sport Q2 and am considering switching to 245/40R19, keeping it a square setup (a. I want a little beefier tire with more cub rash protection, b. staying square allows me to rotate as I’m accustomed to, c. it should get my speedo just about right and I just prefer that, d. the increased diameter should be just enough to get me out of my driveway without the slight front bumper scraping that I frequently get, d. I’m willing to give a little driving “feel” for all the above).

In reading the forums preparing for this, I see one member had rub issues going to 245/40R19 on a Q4. I’m under the impression that wheel clearance for the Q4 is different than that for the RWD. Am I correct? If I’m correct that clearance for Q4 is different from RWD/Q2, why is this and will Q2 have more room or less?

I’m currently using 5/17 spacers. If moving to a 245/40R19, will I likely be getting rid of those, or is there a more appropriate stance to keep the current look?

Any advice appreciated.

Best,
Drew

·
Supporting Vendor
657 Posts
The Q4 cars sit a bit higher than the RWD cars, so your car would actually have a bit less clearance.

·
Registered
2019 Milano Blue Ti Sport Carbon Q2
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Q4 cars sit a bit higher than the RWD cars, so your car would actually have a bit less clearance.
Thanks Joe,

Is the difference solely a matter of the Q4 sitting higher, or are there any differences in the turning diameter within the wheel well?

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Thanks Joe,

Is the difference solely a matter of the Q4 sitting higher, or are there any differences in the turning diameter within the wheel well?
Q4 also does not turn as sharp. Suspension height also varies by model year.

My winter tires on my MY2018 Q4 are 245 40R19 on the OEM 19x8 wheels and I have not observed any rubbing but then again I have the highest suspension version. The handling is unimpressive, but of course almost everything is "wrong" for best handling.

My summer tires are 245 35R19 on Tecnico 19x8.5 wheels and the handling is excellent IMHO. IIRC this setup is 7 pounds/wheel lighter than the winter setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts